What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fundraising auction

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]The plan is to start the auction on Friday and go untill Sunday. We will have set times to close the bidding etc...

I assume this is Friday the 27th?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I love the idea of an auction but who will collect the money, how will it be held, spent, etc

I believe the money will be sent to Casper, who will deposit the money in a checking account until we get enough.

SF

Must be. Hey, Casper!! Include a date next time, and enjoy Mardi Gras!!

I would like to suggest that public notice of the auction with all pertinent information be announced as soon as possible. I don't want to spring it on anybody...we need to give people time to think if they have something to offer up. Also I'm not sure that short of a time frame is realistic...not everybody logs onto the forums every day and we'd probably get more bids if it were open longer.

Just my 1 cent worth.
smile.gif

Ok, it has been suggested that we extend the auction to a week long. As long as this is ok with Phil, I am all for it.

Hopefully we will have a forum specifically for this auction so as to not congest another area. This is how I invision it would work. The donator will post the plant he has to offer in the thread title. All pertinant info would be included in the thread. You then have a week to post in the specific thread (i.e. the plant you want to bid on) the ammount of your bid. You can bid as many times as you like. We will have a set time the auction ends and highest bidder wins.

Unless there are any other objections the auction will start on Friday (3/5) and run till the following friday (3/12)

You may post plants you would like to donate at any time but please get them in on Friday if you can to allow for more exposure.

Payment options will be paypall, check, or money order.

If you win an auction, please remember shipping restrictions. If its too cold, you may have to wait a few days.

Any other suggestions??

We have been getting tons of support on this project, now its time for people to put there money where there mouth is basically.

EDIT: Changed the date at the suggestion of PAK to give us a little more time to organize it.

where will the action be held? what internet adress is it?

I am sorry, it will be held at www.terraforums.com

I have a S. purpurea purpurea var. 'Montanta' I would like to auction off. This is a tissued cultured clone from ABGs conservation program.

Hi,I dont know if I will auction single plants or make up cp starter kits.I have 2 red dragons,3 S.minor Long Co.Ga. divisions,D.nidifiormis(clumps of small plants) and D.aliciae(clumps of small plants).
smile.gif

Jerry

Give'em your best, Jerry. That is always the thing to do. And thanks for the donations.

This is cool! I've been drooling over that 'Leah Wilkerson' for quite some time. I just hope that anybody that actually makes money in their life doesn't bid on it. I am sure I can come up with some auction stuff. Possibly a plant or three, and I have a CP book (by Pietropaulo) that I never look at. I'll just have to check to be sure it's in presentable shape.

There will be more info regarding the auction coming up soon. Sit tight, keep thinking and there will be a more definitive post on it as soon as I get a chance to breathe!

Thanks everybody.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Casper @ Feb. 21 2004,02:57)]No plants are being sold. You are making a contribution to a charity. The owner will not profit off of the plant. The winner of the auction makes a donation straight to the charity and someone else sends you a gift.

Casper
Hey Casper,

Nice idea that you have, but it wouldn't fly. I am pretty sure that as far as the US Fish & Wildlife Service would see it, this is the same as a regular sale. Someone forks out money, they get a plant.

I'd advise you guys steer clear of the endangered/threatened species (S. alabamensis, S. oreophila, S. jonesii, Pinguicula ionantha) to be on the safe side.

Later!

Barry

That course of action had already been decided upon, Barry. Thanks for ringing in though, we do want to keep this on the level, but some of the Forums guys were on their toes and warned us earlier. We acquiesced because of our uncertainty. Now we know for sure.

Iv'e got 3 kumquat seedlings, and I could also start a dozen or so pregnant onion plants(given time for them to sprout). I could send a pic of the plants so people know what they're bidding on.

Sorry! Plantakiss was done up by a bad week! Polls will be posted for a vote on naming us, and some other things as well. Keep reading, we will inform you as things happen. PAK needs to revive herself!!

Hey Guys,

Looks like the announcement to our customers will come next Tuesday. Until then, we'll work out some auction software to use.

Casper put me down for the following for auctioning:

1 N. xRokko x stenophylla 6-8" (intermediate/highland)
1 N. spectabilis x veitchii 6-8" (intermediate/highland)
1 N. mindanaoensis 4-5" (lowland)
1 N. veitchii hose mtn. 5" -gold peristome type (highland)

Tony

Yeeehaww! I knew we could count on you to put up some awesome plants Tony!

SF
biggrin.gif

Thank you sooooo much Tony!
smile.gif

Back