What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official Sarracenia Project Name

• Thread starter PlantAKiss
  • Start date

Official Sarracenia Project Name - Voice of the people...cast your VOTE!

• North American Sarracenia Conservation Society

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sarracenia National Conservancy and Preservation Society

• First National Sarracenia Conservancy

• Sarracenia Conservation and Preservation Foundation

• National Sarracenia Preservation and Conservancy Foundation

• National Conservancy of American Pitcher Plants

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PlantAKiss

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, Engl
Hello Everybody  
smile.gif

It is now time to cast your vote for the official name of the Sarracenia project.  We very much appreciate all who have weighed in with their thoughts and suggestions.  The names have been trimmed down to a manageable list with redundant names being excluded.

Please cast your vote for the name you think fits the idea and vision of the project the best.

This poll will be open for voting until around 11 p.m. Wednesday, March 3rd, 2004 when the poll closes (topic locked).

Thank you all so much for your interest and participation.  It is very meaningful to the success of this endeavor!  
smile.gif

PAK

GET OUT THE VOTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't think of this until seeng the ballot, but maybe it would be a good idea to to first narrow the field by asking questions such as "Sarracenia or Pitcher Plant?"; "North American or American or National or none of the above?"; "Conservation or Preservation"; and "Foundation or Society or Conservancy?".  If someone doesn't want a geographic/national reference included, the only choice is Sarracenia Conservation and Preservation Foundation.  A large number of people might be more inclined to vote for a name with "Pitcher Plant", but the only choice they've been given is National Conservancy of American Pitcher Plants.  Just my $0.02.

I'm casting my vote for "other" here:

I like North American Pitcher Plant Foundation
South East Sarracenia Conservancy
American Pitcher Plant Protection Agency

NepG, You can't always get what you want, so vote for one. We can address name changes if necessary later, but we need an identity for the sake of moving on, and establishing ourselves. Cast your vote, we can talk about the rest.

I never insituated on "getting what I want" all I stated was what I preferred. As far as voting for one of the electees, I prefer not to at the moment.

I voted for the first name. It sounds shorter and snappier and gets right to the point.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (nepenthes gracilis @ Feb. 29 2004,08:30)]I'm casting my vote for "other" here:

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I'm casting my vote for "other" here:

First of all, we ran a thread since the 23rd requesting names. Only one of the three you mention was stated in the thread, and I sure don't recall you speaking up personally.
Secondly, the tough thing about a democracy is you have 100 people with 100 different ideas. I personally hand picked the ones I felt suitable and that where not reduntant. I am not to found, nor are many of the people that will/should hold chair possitions, of the term "pitcher plant". We are setting out to be a scientific society, so why should we call ourselves by a non-scientific term? Although I did include on name with pitcher plant, because there was more than one person that expressed they liked it. I tried to objectivly take the views of the public and compound them into a single poll, if you did not speak up in the 7 days given, then I am sorry but the fault lies with yourself.

If anyone is offended by the choices in the poll, the fault lies directly on my shoulders and I apologize.

Paul

Paul, all I am saying is I do not find the choices "fitting to my being". None of them really are applaudable by me myself, so naturally I simply stated what I liked, I have no intent on altering this poll. All I did was voice my own thoughts, not a disagreement/suggestion/ or mandatory name.

Ok I voted...Travis

I liked the first "North American Sarracenia Conservation Society"

thanks
-Jeremiah-

well, if the icps got involved, i think they would rather have something like "International Sarracenia Conservation Society"
rock.gif
but then people in other countries would want to get involved, and its hard to get plants sent out to other countries, but maybe seed...

ok forgive me if i sound crazy or somethin i got 3 hours of sleep last night
wow.gif

I like all the names, but I had to go with the "North American Sarracenia Conservation Society"

Cole

Spec, that was pretty clear (
tounge.gif
), but for a similar reason, I chose the one name that did not have any location specified.  
Sure, sarrs are native to NA but, hey, we're all in this together.  
smile.gif

What about just plain Sarracenia Conservancy?

now that i think of it, Sarracenia Conservation and Preservation Foundation is probably the best choice. this project isn't really a society, but a foundation for the plants.
smile.gif

I voted for First National Sarracenia Conservancy...although I think the word "First" isn't really necessary...perhaps could be worded "North American Sarracenia Conservancy" (NASC). I think its short and to the point.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]"North American Sarracenia Conservancy" (NASC)
YES!!!!!!!
smile.gif

I would have to triple that. I voted for North American Sarracenia Conservancy Foundation, but that's only because North American Sarracenia Conservancy wasn't listed. I believe the words Conservation Foundation fall a little over each other. I would also prefer the quick sound of N.A.S.C. over N.A.S.C.F. but both would be great.

I could've sworn N. American Sarracenia Conservancy was suggested and received high praise in the other thread. I would vote for that if it was up there. Personally, none of the candidates sound good to me, the way they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back