What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NASC:  Who is willing to help work this project

PlantAKiss

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, Engl
A number of people have PMed me asking how they can help.  Good for you and...YAY!  
biggrin.gif
 (Pat on the back...pat pat pat!)

Anyone who would like to help but doesn't have an assignment or know what to do to help, please post here. We need to know what skills are available so we can match assignments to people willing to work.

Please state your name (first) and any strengths, talents or skills you have or area of interest...then sit tight.  Someone will get back to you when we have a job that matches what you have to offer.  It might take awhile.  Remember, we have a lot of baby steps to take before we're up and running.  The further along we get into this, the more areas of need will become apparent.

Thank you for being actively interested in helping.  
biggrin.gif

Comeone, people!

Umm My name is Kelson, and i dont have any streinghts, talents or skills to speak of. I am interested in conservation, Cp's and birds

That's fine Finch. We just want to know who's out there wanting to help. There were lots of voices offering in the original thread...but I don't know where they all are now.
rock.gif

"We the people" can't lose the vision, energy, dedication or tenacity to this project or it will never fly.

im thinking this project has lost a bit of its steam, like Carl said it would. I think their wating for the fundrasing auction

My name is Peter Elhardt and I'm a sarracenia addict.
biggrin.gif

I am willing, ready and waiting to help. I play the cello and make handmade paper. More to the point I have lots of grow space, a decent amount of experience growing sarracenias, and would love to start some. I suppose I have some writing skills.

Peter

Hey,
My name is John Pizzicara, i love sarracenia, and will do anything i can to help. I have a bunch of sarracenia rubra ssp gulfensis seed i could give to you guys for the auction, also i can provide growing space for the sarrs. I agree the project has lost a bit of its momentum, i wonder why
rock.gif

A bunch of people are working behind the scenes on paperwork and other things needed to make it an official and effective conservancy. I agree the auction could add the spark to keep everyone's attention as the organization types make sure all the eyes are dotted and all the teas are crossed.

My name is Cole, and Im a recovering alcho.... oops.
Anyways, like I said, I am at your disposal for any assistance.

Cole
smile.gif

Hello,

My name is Aaron King. I live in the arid Climate of Utah can't grow too well outdoors without humidity and as of now don't have much growing space in a greenhouse. But I could handle some amount of plants 20 or less. Thus in short, the things I can do are:

Multimedia work
Research
Grow space and caretaking

Howdy PAK,
Lauderdale here. I would like to do something to help...online research maybe?
smile.gif

Hey Justin here,
My strong points are probably public relations and cultivation. In fact while at the preserves new visitors center I was asked for a interview by a local news reporter. This was a great oppurtunity to SHAMELESSLY plug the NASC. I was able to give an overview of the conservancy as well as tie it into the work being done at the preserve. Especially since some of that work includes S. Alatas.

Woooooooohoooo to you Justin! How nice! Getting in a plug for NASC already. I LIKE that!

Good to see you on board Jan. Maybe someone can drag you out in a bog for some location work. hehehe
smile.gif

Rose Witt, research, bullying. and misses new threads on this subject.

Jerry Hartley,propagation and grow space are all I have to offer.

Jerry

I have been asked to speak for an aquarium club in June. Of course I'm going to make the NASC a big part of the speech.

Bless your heart Ozzy!! Talk it up! I have heard from Andy Lanier, and he has an incredible idea! He is the gentleman who gave us the bog mapping job. In his younger days, Andy used Florida USDA aerial maps to find orchid sites in south Florida. He has friends who can get him any aerial map for any county he needs, and he will get them, give them to Brooks Garcia, and we will then use the maps to locate every known bog in the state of Florida. Through this venue, we can then find the way off the beaten path bogs, and map every last one of them. Only our people in the field will ever need these maps, but we will know all the locations that we can possibly find. We may even through this, find bogs totally unknown to anyone. Jim Miller says there are bogs out there that have never been visited in some parts of northern Florida. This is going to be really cool!!!!!!

Hi Bugweed,

Sounds like a great idea!! I wonder how much one is able to tell about a piece of land from aerial pictures? I think at best one can find land that would be suitable for a cp bog, not necessarily land that has sarras on it.

The aerial pictures that the USDA has produced can be viewed online. Here is an example:

http://terraserver-usa.com/image.a....=17&w=1

See the pitchers? I don't. But it looks like a suitable spot to me....
smile.gif

Noah!! Are you blind?
rock.gif
? I counted 50 plants!! LOL! Don't worry, Andy has a lot of experience with this, and is leading the mapping expedition, with Brooks in tow. Casper and Wolfpackgurl are going to be a part of the overall work being done, and Wolfpackgurl is champing at the bit. Wonderful lady!! She will be Casper's Information Officer so that Casper can concentrate on what steps he has to take to get our non profit status, as well as handle his paying job. Since Casper is so busy, I felt Tiah would be excellent for the job. Whatever Casper comes up with, she will give to the Conservancy so we all know where we are at. I am glad to have so many willing people to help with this project. I only wish Copper were down there too.

Aweomse!! Someone mentioned me!! Cool! I also know how to make websites and stuff!!

My name is Jim. Resources. Not sure, but I work at an environmental laboratory and Home Depot on Saturdays. Also have a streamlet running behind our apartment, if that can be utilized for anything.

Back