What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need someone computer savy

• Thread starter Casper
  • Start date
Is there anyone out there computer savy enough to set up a real time chat to where we could all get together and throw ideas out there and discuss some things. E-mail is slow and hard to debate any ideas at a decent rate.

We would have to set up a suitable time, probably over the weekend when everyone is off work.

Thanks

Paul

I can do that
biggrin.gif

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>HTML </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"><span style='color:#333333'>http://freepop.parachat.com/freepop/freechathost-network-white.html?room=Pet_FLYTRAP_Temp_Chat</span>[/QUOTE]

testing... trying to get it in the page

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>HTML </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"><span style='color:#333333'>
<!<span style='color:red'>-- Begin Free ParaChat v5.0 Applet Code --</span>>
<<span style='color:blue'>applet</span> codebase="<span style='color:eek:range'>http://rooms1.parachatfree.com/pchat/rooms/classes"
archive=pchat.zip code="ParaChat.class</span>" width=600 height=400>
<<span style='color:blue'>param</span> name="<span style='color:eek:range'>cabbase</span>" value="<span style='color:eek:range'>pchat.cab</span>">
<<span style='color:blue'>param</span> name="<span style='color:eek:range'>Channel</span>" value="<span style='color:eek:range'>#Sarracenia Collection</span>">
<<span style='color:blue'>param</span> name="<span style='color:eek:range'>ctrl.Roam</span>" value="<span style='color:eek:range'>false</span>">
<<span style='color:blue'>param</span> name="<span style='color:eek:range'>ctrl.Hidden</span>" value="<span style='color:eek:range'>true</span>">
Sorry, your browser is not Java enabled, please visit
<<span style='color:blue'>a</span> href="<span style='color:eek:range'>http://www.parachat.com/faq/java.html</span>">our java support pages</<span style='color:blue'>a</span>>
</<span style='color:blue'>applet</span>>
<<span style='color:blue'>a</span> href="<span style='color:eek:range'>http://www.parachat.com</span>" target="<span style='color:eek:range'>new</span>"> <<span style='color:blue'>br</span>><<span style='color:blue'>center</span>>
<<span style='color:blue'>img</span> src="<span style='color:eek:range'>http://www.parachat.com/images/parachat_power.gif"
border=0 ALT="ParaChat Powered</span>" width=88 height=31> </<span style='color:blue'>center</span>></<span style='color:blue'>a</span>>
<!<span style='color:red'>-- End Free ParaChat v5.0 Applet Code --</span>></span>[/QUOTE]

Hey Spec, will this work for Mac users, too?

Yep. NickHubbell went to my old one, and he didn't have any problems... he was also on mac. BUT, if you dont have java, it wont work.
smile.gif

The java chat programs are ok. I have found that they sometimes have problems with different browsers and Operating Systems. To get the most of out the Java chat programs, make sure you have the latest version of your systems Java Virtual Machine and the latest version of your broswer. Internet Explorer for the Mac seems to have the most problems for me when it comes to Java Applications. However, this may not be true for other Mac users.

Another option for chatting is to actually use a IRC client and Server. These require programs such as Ircle for Mac, miRc or pirch for windows. Some Java client applications will connect to the same servers as the stand alone programs mentioned above.

Looks good Spec.

What do ya'll say we set up a meeting for Sunday, say 2p.m. CST?

Hey Casper, at 2 p.m. CST, if I'm not still at church, I'll be eating lunch with my family. Maybe 3 or 4 p.m. CST would work better if you want to get members all over the U.S.?

I forgot about Sunday being Easter, perhaps we should post-pone it as I am sure we will never be able to work around everyones schedule.

Paul

How about Friday, April 16, at 8:00-10:00 EST Time?
biggrin.gif

2 more hours guys! Just wanted to give you guys a heads-up!
biggrin.gif

come on people! we know you're out there! come join!
biggrin.gif
you're late!
mad.gif

Java chat intergrated in a browser while useing a MAC depends on which operating system the mac people are useing. OS 9 they have to update the Java to the latest install. Netscape 4.8 seems to be the one that does better with the java chat within a browser.. As for OS X 10.1 stinks with java.. 10.2 to 10.2.8 works well with Explorer as long as you download the java updates from apple, Microsoft is not supporting explorer anymore for the macintosh. Safari works well with java chat.. and Netscape 7.1 works well.. But with all OS X 10.2 to 10.3 UPDATE with Apple the latest Java for the os and there really should not be any trouble with chatting in java.. Anyone that does have trouble can PM me and ill try to help them..

Hope this helps
Jim

Back