What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NASC Contest entries

Anybody is welcome to try.
smile.gif

I have it drawn out...but its in black and white. I will scan it up anyway. Could add more stuff if that sounds good.

ok! here is my new entry!
again, this is a small version..the original is a photoshop document and is huge..so its nice and crisp!

NASCsmall-800.jpg

only 3 colors..black, red and green.

NASCsmall-800bw.jpg

and how it looks if printed in pure B&W..

Scot

Wow!

Scotty, that is truely awsome.

Thanks Caspar!
im still not totally happy with the pitcher plant "drawings"..
they arent exactly what I want, but they are the best I can do with the tools available to me..
those are made from real photos of my own pitcher plants!
I went and took pictures of my pitchers, then heavily modified them in photoshop to get that "drawing" effect..then reduced them to pure B&W, then added back in pure green and pure red..
so there is really only black, green or red pixels in there..

There is a lot of excellent CP art on-line, that would work really good for a logo like this, but for a public logo we wouldnt be able to use any of it..(copyright issues) so basically I needed to create the entire logo from scratch with my own personal artwork..which is what I did..
I might still try to tweak the plants some more, I would like to make them
look more like a simple line drawing..but I want detail too..so its tricky! ;)
this is the best I could come up with so far..
its not bad! I like it, and it might the best that photoshop is capable of creating..so this will probably end up being my final rendering! ;)
Scot

I was working on one but work keeps getting in the way.
smile.gif
I hope there is LOTS of time on this contest....creativity takes time to bear fruit.

Mines done(besides the letters) and I think it might compare to Caspers.

Can't get the scanner to obey though! *sigh*

Ok...here is one version.  I'd like to try some others if I get the time.  This is just a rough version...the plant figures need work.  It could be used with or without the words around the outside and the typeface on the outside might need changing. Its two color...I wanted a "sarracenia green" and "anthocyanin red" (although the colors wil not view correctly on a computer).

NASClogo1.jpg

And the black and white:

NASClogo1bw.jpg

Just an idea....

ooh! very cool! I like it!
smile.gif

I like the words around the outside too..I would keep them.
Scot

And PAK; even if you don't win I have a little Tarnok or two that's yours for the asking
smile.gif

Ooooooh...and what did I do to deserve a that? lol And when are you coming back to Richmond? The Greenhouse ought to still have sarras available...
smile.gif
Hope you've been enjoying your summer at home.

Anyone have any idea why a scanner would scan a blank picture?

dunno whats wrong with it.

Thanks!

@PAK: PM'd you

That's not much to go on Nflytrap.  Could you write down exactly every step you did to scan the image?  And not all scanners work the same.  But if you tell me what you did to scan it, I'll try to help.

Another possibility is if you have a digital camera, you could photograph the logo and post the photo.

To save some money (if we have people that are good at this) we could do dot art. Mine will never beat PAK's but it's worth a try.

NNNNNNN   NNN      AAAAAA          SSSS       CCCCCC
NNN  NNN   NNN     AAA  AAA      S           CC
NNN   NNN  NNN    AAAAAAAA       SSSS    CC
NNN    NNN NNN   AAA      AAA           S   CC
NNN      NNNNN   AAA        AAA     SSSS        CCCCCC

You likey?

lol Not bad!

Thanks! I have no idea how to make a Sarracenia like that though... I'm working on another picture now that is alot better than that.

Here are two bases that could be further enhanced and I can add words/letters.

This one has a softened background:
softenedlogo.jpg

Here's the crisper version:

logo2.jpg

I can fix up the softened one if you like that better. I did it in about 5 minutes, so it isn't very pretty. Just getting your opinion on which one I should pursue.

P.S. These pics are from a Sarracenia bog in East Texas.
smile.gif

Man I will never be able to top any of these logo's...The best I can do is draw a few stick men bowing to some Sarracenia's. I like PAKs and Scottychaos logos. Plus I do not have a scanner.
confused.gif

Back