What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NASC Contest entries

I made another one and its a little bit different than the last one. I didn't know what words to put in the blank banner though. Any ideas would be a help. Hope you like
biggrin.gif

logo2.jpg

How the heck do you get these photos or drawings of Sarracenias? Then the designs are just...wow! What software do you use?

I draw them with the brush tool in paintshop pro, it takes forever lol

We have quite thee artists on this forum.
smile.gif
Good Job!

Awww...c'mon Travis! Pick up a pencil and let some ideas flow. You don't really have to be an artist to come up with an idea. You can kinda rough it out so we get the idea of it. Give it a whirl!

Lithops man...the problem with yours is technical. To print a photographic image like that requires what's called 4-color process printing. And that's very expensive. To choose 1 or 2 colors for a logo makes it cheaper/easier to reproduce. Also...think about your image in different sizes. How would it look reduced real small (say for a business card--IF we were to need that). Would you be able to tell what it is? How would it look at the top of a sheet of paper for letterhead? Think about different printing situations. Don't think just "T-shirts!"
biggrin.gif

It IS a technical challenge with the length of the name. We might need a logo with just the NASC letters and the full name being spelled out elsewhere. Of course there is the option of having a couple of variations of one logo. A lot of companies do that because they know that some logos won't work in all printing situations.

Divaskid...I think that looks very nice! Thanks!

I'm still waiting to see one from Alexis....
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (PlantAKiss @ Aug. 04 2004,10:44)]That's not much to go on Nflytrap.  Could you write down exactly every step you did to scan the image?  And not all scanners work the same.  But if you tell me what you did to scan it, I'll try to help.

Another possibility is if you have a digital camera, you could photograph the logo and post the photo.
For this scanner. You click scan, and it should warm up the lamp and then open a window for you. It shows you a preview(which is blank)...

I'll take a digital of it...but i don't think that will work too well.

Digital photos came out reasonably. Just to give you guys an idea of what I'm working on. I'm thinking of adding a few more sarrs and maybe putting the words across the top. This took only half an hour or so...but most of it was spent drooling at photos

sarra.jpg

DSCN7592.jpg

Close-up

Sketches that might breed ideas.
purp.jpg

purpurea

rbra.jpg

rubra

leuc.jpg

Leucophylla.

Suzanne,
If you'd like me to go black and white or use this in color for a T-shirt, that's fine. I just want to help out!
smile.gif

Hey, everyone.  I thought I'd submit a design.

It uses S. leucophylla because that was voted the most popular species, and the outline of North America reflects the Conservancy's location in the world.

nasc_color.gif
nasc_bw.gif

First, I have to admit that the drawing is adapted from the picture of S. leucophylla "Hurricane Creek" on the ICPS site, so permission would need to be granted to use it.

The words could be deleted, in case they aren't readable at a small size, and just use the NASC.  Colors are easily changed, and the exact borders of what is considered "North America" can be altered.

I will probably do some revisions and post another version later, with no words and simplified pitchers.

- Patrick

Very nice, Patrick!! Keep up the good work, they all look really good.

Here's a revised version.  Some veins have been removed from the pitchers to make them less complicated.  Also, the text obviously changed.

nasc_new_color7.gif

Patrick

Good job everybody! I like seeing more submissions.
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Suzanne,
If you'd like me to go black and white or use this in color for a T-shirt, that's fine. I just want to help out

That's my post from a few days ago. In case you missed it, please let me know. I can start on another logo if neccessary...
smile.gif

~JM~

So what did you get in art class people? A++
smile_k_ani_32.gif
These designs are unbelievable! Good thing I am not in charge picking out the logo...
laugh.gif

Travis...you'll get to vote once we get enough submissions. And yeah...I always got A's. Also have a B.A. in fine art (one of those really "useful" kinds of degrees...lol).

logocharcoal.jpg

Must admit to A's here.
smile_m_32.gif
Of course, these pictures can also be used in the brochure or for anything NASC related.
smile.gif

ok heres mine just ignore that black half circle.
nasc.jpg

carnivorkid,
very cool!
I like the way you made the letters out of CPs..
very creative!
Scot

Update on what I'm working on. I think it would be nice if I colored it and added a flower.

Nasc1.jpg

Back