What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you want to be a NASC member?

Zongyi Yang
Markham, Ontario, Canada. Inside the greater toronto area.
Not sure what species are native around me, i never saw any "near" me. I know a variety of drosera, pinguicula and S. purpurea ssp. purpurea alegidly exists around me, but i have yet to see one. Zongyi

Oh, my post is back.
smile.gif
Thank you to the mod who put it back.
smile_m_32.gif

michael mooney

south west england

what starman said were native

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bugweed @ Aug. 11 2004,12:50)]Then you need to contact Mike Howlett from Tyler County area of Texas. He runs a pitcher plant preserve. Nice alata's. Also, you forgot to state your name and city.
Mike dosen't get much of a chance to stop in the TF much, so I'll volunteer as an alternative contact. I can usually get in touch with Mike even if it means driving out to his house. Lithopsman if you're interested contact the owner of This site He lives near you and has expressed willingness to help out the NASC.

Forbes Conrad
Moorpark, California - NW of L.A.

Zak,
I've seen that site, and have it bookmarked. Great site, but since it hadn't been updated in a while, I was wondering to what extent it was still going on... Thanks for letting me know!
smile.gif

Ron Dudek
Southwest Michigan (Watervliet)

sarracenia purpurea ssp.purpurea, drosera intermedia & rotundifolia, numerous aquatic utrics

[b said:
Quote[/b] (lithopsman @ Aug. 26 2004,4:23)]Zak,
I've seen that site, and have it bookmarked. Great site, but since it hadn't been updated in a while, I was wondering to what extent it was still going on... Thanks for letting me know!
smile.gif
Mike P. is the author of that site. He still has connections with Geraldene Watson @ the Watson preserve. I spoke to him a few month ago, and he is still very active. He goes bog hunting on the weekends. I've got him collecting bog size and location data for the NASC. I know he lives in you're neck of the woods so I thought it'd be great if ya'll could hook up.

Danny Beane
Newcarlisle/Columbus Ohio
S. Purpurea ssp Purpurea D. Rotundifolia, P. Vulgaris and others

Êǵġ£ÓÃÓÚÄãµÄÁíÒ»Ãû³É†T PlantAKiss£¡

Whats with these forums cant even post in traditional chineese sybols.. jez
smile_n_32.gif
smile_m_32.gif

Steve Allinger
Buena Vista, Colorado

Only native CPs, I as far as I have been able to determine, are two types of utricularia. Can't remember which ones, but they are one of the common types. Haven't had trouble growing any CPs I have tried yet though.

Jeremiah Stutman
Joplin, Mo

None that i know of
smile.gif

Hi NASC

I'm Kirk Martin
Fitchburg Massachusetts

Native plants: S. purpurea ssp. purpurea, d. rotundifolia, d. intermedia.

Hope to help

Man, I am soooooo late in replieing to this...... I mean by like 3 months..... wow. I don't even know if we're still doing this.

Wesley Randall,
Boone, North Carolina(uh near Winston-Salem)

Alex Dietrick
Las Vegas, NV
I go to NC every other weekend, so I can help there

Kirk Simpson,
Colorado Springs, CO
Same as Steve said 2 types utricularia, i think they are out in the sand dunes

Jessica Thompson
Las Vegas, NV
I'll be happy to give any plants a home that need one:)

I am glad to see that there are people willing to help. I hope you are also willing to volunteer some of your time. There is plenty that needs to be done. We will hopefully be coming across with a "We need this done" list before long.

Back