What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you want to be a NASC member?

Ben Merritt
Rochester, NY (Western NY, in the town of Brighton)

Sarracenia purpurea grow in a park near me (you can see a rather blurry pic of one in my profile that I took a pic of), and I'm not really sure if any Drosera live in that same park; I'll have to check in spring.

I would like to join up. I spend 15 days in Carthage Texas, and 5 days in Byram Mississippi. I'm a Mississippian by birth. I do a lot of traveling through Alabama and Louisiana.

love to be apart...

New Haven, ct

David Gower
Washington Michigan

Drosera anglica, D. intermedia, D. linearis, D. rotundifolia, D. ×belezeana, Drosera ×anglica, Pinguicula vulgaris, Utricularia cornuta, U. geminiscapa, U. gibba, U. intermedia, U. minor, U. purpurea, U. radiata, U. resupinata, U. subulata, U. vulgaris and Sarracenia purpurea

Ron Ruppel
Fort Pierce, FL
-80.34701 Long
27.49832 Lat
(no local sarrs that I know of)

Wow.. I dont see my name up there either.. I could have sworn Id posted a long time ago.

Steve Kozyn
San Jose, Ca.

I am not aware of any native species, but Sarracenia thrive here in pots.

I would like to be a member!

Colin McIntyre
Austin, TX
Central Texas

Can help with growing space to some extent, and bog rescues in Texas/Louisiana.

Ryan Stevenson
Greenville, SC

I'd like to be a member and would be interested in doing any kind of field work you might need (also have quite a bit of available grow space).

As everyone knows, NC/SC is home to the VFT.
The particular county I live in here is home to S. rubra ssp. jonesii

There are 10 populations remaining, all within North and South Carolina. Four of these populations are in the river drainage of the French Broad River in Henderson County and Transylvania County, NC. Five are in the Saluda River drainage in Greenville County, SC. The last is in the Enoree River drainage, also in Greenville County, SC. (USFWS 1990a)

Some extended, although a little dated information can be found here:
http://www.centerforplantconservation.org/ASP/CPC_ViewProfile.asp?CPCNum=3824

Sam Sizer,
St Croix Falls, Wisconsin

S. purpurea ssp. purpurea is found near me, along with probably some northern Drosera.

Joshua Martin Moving to Coos Bay Oregon(June)

Gabriel Darling

Portland Oregon

About 4 hours northeast of the darlingtonia wayside... and apparently Drosera rotundifolia grows in my county, but I have yet to see it.

Bruce Vogt

Stroudsburg, PA

Sorry for my idiotism but where is the NASC main site? I would like to join a meeting and stuff like that.

My name is John Paul and I live on the Eastern Shore of Virginia (exmore).

Update :
I am 1 hour from many darlington sites,
there is a guy who I know who grows native oregonian plants he said there are many sites. He works for the Benjermins who own a 700 acre tree farm and he maintains the farm. He knows of many areas so I can occassionally ask him if there are areas where they may remove /kill darlington due to road constrction and other things. He says he sees them grow in the ditches in some areas and he has started them from seed be they prfer a nutrient sterile media(I already knew that but I listened) He acts like darlington are nothing special but too me I would almost kill to see a site but I had to work with my dad who was doing hardwood flooring in the house and he couldn't take me to one of the near by sites.................... :headwall:
Well I can help if anyone knows of a site by me that going to be bulldozed tell me and I will see what I can do.

Billy
SW Houston, TX (Harris County)

Joshua Rooney

Orlando, FL.
I know of a few sites near me where; S. minor, D. capillaris, and maybe D. brevfolia grow......
Thanks,

-Josh

Back