What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NASC Officers

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Copper @ Nov. 22 2004,9:46)]Our next meeting is set for this Friday at 8 PM. I will have it up by 7PM.
Just a question - what time zone is that?

I got ya Kirk.

The position of conservation manager should include the following:

Monitoring known sites to prevent the destruction of plants from development, overgrowth, poaching, ect.

Develop plans to prevent the destruction of known sites.

Organizing volunteers to either remove the immediate threat or if need be remove the plants from a site,

Advocation of preservation and restoration of our natural areas

Promotion of biodiversity and environmentally sound practices to
insure perpetuation of Sarracenias in those natural areas

Promotion of the establishment of native communities around homes and businesses to better insure appropriate habitat for Saracenias is created and/or maintained

Creation and maintenance of a network which would enable the dentification of "at risk" areas

Contacting landowners to get written permission to conduct our activities.

Hi folks

I think I am going to pin a topic for meeting times. Things like this are getting buried in topics unrelated by topic heading. Rose, since you have been the one sending out emails regarding the meeting times for now, could you post there providing times and post the link to the chat room? That way anyone can check that one topic and be up to date on when meetings are being held.

Thanks!

Back