What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pitcher plant research, help needed

Hello, a while back, i posted a topic abut research i would be doing on CP's.
I have decided to do it on Sarracenia, and am wondering where i would find people doing reseearch on these plants.
I have already emailed Meadowview Research Station in Virginia about a possible mentorship for my research, but other than Meadowview, I dont know where else any body is doing Sarracenia Research.
If any one knows anything about Sarracenia Research, i would greatly appreciate it if you could send me anything you know, as this will aid in my research tremendously. Also, i would also like to know if anyone knows a place where i can find Sarracenia research papers, online, so i can read up on what kind of research has already been done, as well as any researches doind research in this field of carnivorous plant research.
Thanks for your help in advanced,
Rane Jabonillo,
AKA Hellz

my wife is writing a grant proposal to study genetic diversity of prickly pear and S. purpurea in WI. Hopefully it will get funded. Won't know anything for awhile though. She may need to hire a field technician, although I only work weekends so it may fit me perfectly
smile.gif

Hellz,

A good place to start is go to Google's new search tool
http://scholar.google.com/
and type in: sarracenia

You will get 434 citations, some of which are on-line and others you can get at any good library.

Back