What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

VOTE on the NASC Logo!

Vote on the nasc logo! - Let's hear from the public!

• eplants02

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Divaskid

• Scottychaos

• PlantAKiss

• Lithopsman

• Divaskid #2

• Nflytrap

• Ptfreelander

• Carnivorkid

• Noah

• Total voters
well, since Spec has been banned again,
I will do it!
look for the photoshopped logo tomorrow..
Scot

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SarraceniaScott @ Mar. 21 2005,10:15)]If I had to vote on one logo, as is, it is PAK's logo.

I like the coloration, font, silhouetted imagery, and ESPECIALLY, the four corners of conservation and the slogan at the bottom.

But Noah's protective hands cupping the Sarracenia adds a muted sense of... I don't know... Urgency?  Humanity?  Whatever it is, it speaks to me at a gut level, with great force and grace.

Finally, divaskid's pentagonal logo provided a means to join PAK's and Noah's logos together.

Replace divaskid's center graphic with Noah's protective hands, add PAK, slogan to the bottom, and the four words around the remaining sides, along with PAK's color scheme and fonts, and you have a winner!

Anybody with photoshop skills care to take a stab at combining the logos to see how it looks?
Ok Scott,
here is the logo you asked for!  
smile.gif

nasclogo-combined.jpg

(the combined logo, elements of 3 different logos
the lettering isnt quite perfect, the arcs are slightly off in places, but its close enough to get the general idea..)

its nice, but I have to say I still like PAKs better..
PAK's is simpler and more refined..more "professional" looking IMO..
and why are we still debating what logo to use anyway?  
smile_l_32.gif

didnt we vote?
wasnt there a landslide victory?
why isnt the choice clear??

but I guess if we want to refine logos some more thats fine too!
I do like noah's hands design..hmmm..
but when and how do we make a real decision then??

NASClogo1.jpg

(pak's original logo)

Scot

[b said:
Quote[/b] (scottychaos @ Mar. 23 2005,9:24)]Ok Scott,
here is the logo you asked for!  
smile.gif

nasclogo-combined.jpg

its nice, but I have to say I still like PAKs better..
PAK's is simpler and more refined..more "professional" looking
That does look nice. Thanks. But seeing it side-by-side with PAK's I am forced to agree with you... PAK's is simpler and more professional looking.

I like PAKs and Diva #2. I agree the combined looks like too much goin on.

Joe

I still like PAK's. Unfortunately when it comes to this kind of thing, the seriousness of your organization is often subconsciously judged by the professionalness of the materials you use to present yourself (your logo being one of the cornerstones). And it's very important to the plants that you be taken very seriously.

Maybe if the hands were redrawn in a way that they matched the rest of the logo it could work... but, yeah, still a vote for PAK here.

well it seems everyone agrees!

I move that we formally accept PAKs original logo as the OFFICIAL logo of the NASC, so we can stop debating this and move on!
laugh.gif

second?
Scot

[b said:
Quote[/b] (scottychaos @ Mar. 23 2005,3:11)]well it seems everyone agrees!

I move that we formally accept PAKs original logo as the OFFICIAL logo of the NASC, so we can stop debating this and move on!
laugh.gif

second?
Scot
Second.

I disagree!

Since PAK's logo only garnered 48% of the votes, and that doesn't constitute a majority, nobody is a winner. As with the presidential race in the US, this can only be decided by the Congress... er... Board of Directors.

JK of course, I really don't care. Either logo is fine with me. If I were to combine them (which I'd love to see done this way) I would have combined them not into a pentagon, but rather something simple, without the four words around it. Those belong in our mission statment, not in our logo. I like the clean lines and colorationg of PAK's logo, but I'd hate to see the hands go.

If nobody agrees with me then that's fine, go ahead and use PAK's logo.

-noah
smile.gif

I like the hands as well.  Gives the "human" touch.  My only concern with that is a graphic one.  That the details of the plants and hands will be lost when the logo is used small.  And in most instances it will be.  Maybe on a T-shirt it would be large, but like letterhead or a business card or something...you wouldn't be able to distinguish it.  Look how large the logo is on your monitor but how small the plant/hands are in proportion to the rest of the logo.  There are not many instances where you'd use the logo that big.

Maybe something else with the hands being larger and more prominent?

I think graphically because its what I do all day.  Every thing you design, you must bear in mind HOW it will be **reproduced**--how it looks large, how it looks small, how it looks in color and how it looks in black and white.  ALL angles.  It can't be just a "pretty picture."  With my logo, the type on the outside is hard to see in a lot of instances so that would probably have to be dropped.

As you can see...designing a logo isn't as easy as just drawing a picture.  
smile.gif
It takes time...and it takes doing just this...nitpicking at it to get it right.

I think to much busyness is not all that good. Personally, I like to go by the KISS principle. Keep It Simple Smarty
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SarraceniaScott @ Mar. 23 2005,9:27)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (scottychaos @ Mar. 23 2005,3:11)]well it seems everyone agrees!

laugh.gif

second?
Scot
Second.
The motion has been made and seconded.
and was given ample time for discussion.

The question is formal acceptance of PAKs original logo as the OFFICIAL logo of the NASC...
Those in favor, say 'Aye".
Those opposed, say 'No'.

Scot

Aye! Bugweed
Aye! Bugweeds evil twin!

The ayes have it and the motion is carried.
PAKs original logo is the official logo of the NASC.

woo hoo!
smile.gif

Scot

Back