What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nasc brochure

• Thread starter Glenn
  • Start date
  • Tags
    nasc
It would be nice to use when contacting the State and like minded conservation groups to help make our case in the event an area is about to be plowed under. I would like to get the word out here in Michigan so that we get notified.

Just thought I would ask. I know everyone is volenteering thier time and working very hard so please don't feel like I am jumping the gun. When we are ready is when I will act.

Glenn

linky link

smile.gif

Contact me before you contact other organizations. I'm heading up the PR comittee, and I'd like to make sure that we don't have two people contacting the same org., it just looks bad...
smile.gif

I'm looking forward to working with you.

-noah

Glenn, I think the person that's doing the brochure is Plantakiss. Maybe she'll be around pretty soon to fill us all in.
We need eyes and ears in as many places we can get them, and I don't think we officially have anybody in MI. If you're interested maybe you can be our worker bee there. Send me a PM and let me know what you think.
Noah I have a few questions for you, I'm going to send you a pm.

Uhhh...I made a post on that yesterday.
smile.gif
I think Noah just provided the link.

I guess my question is as follows.

Is it ready to be used as an official NASC document and where can I get a copy for distribution? I would like to start networking here on MI and I don't want to jump the gun. I would like to let people know the organization exists so that someone gets notified if some plants need a new home. In particular people who are officaily sanctioned growers following the proper protocall for keeping the gene pool viable. Again I am not sure where in the process the NASC is as far as getting up and running. I can and will wait until the group is ready.

Glenn

The brochure isn't 100% until I get the info I listed in my post. I'm not sure what we need to be considered "official". We may need the non-profit status which is in limbo. Last we heard from Casper, it was in the hands of an attorney for scrutiny.

Back