What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's going on?

• Thread starter aprilh
  • Start date
Does this organisation actually exist, or what? Just curious. April

smile.gif

HEY!!!!!!! WHERE IS EVERYBODY?????????????????? JIM!!! APRIL!!! YOU STILL THERE?????? Man, its lonely here!

Okay, Okay!! I feel that the healing is done far enough. Time to get back to waork. Meeting this up coming Friday. I will place topics here and send to the NASC group. We need to write a official mission statement and start putting the committees to work. Fund raising has started. You asked for now you will get it. I will be getting in contact with everyone that offered to help. It will happen this week. The work that will be asked for at this stage may be boring, but must be done. Yes this is a organization.

*raises hand* Put me to work please?!

A lot of you will be going to work. I have Thursday and Friday off so that is when most of you will hear.

One issue that needs to be addressed very soon is filing for not-for-profit status. We keep saying that's what we are, but technically we aren't officially that. Casper was working on that and had filed papers with an attorney pro bono for review. But I guess we can assume that is water over the darn (hehe). SO...if anyone IS a lawyer or knows a lawyer who might help us out with this, that would be great. I don't believe any of us knows what's involved in getting filed.

I just wanted to toss this out lest it get forgotten among all the other million things that need doing.

I have been looking into and can pull in a couple of favors. One requirement is that the organization be completely set up. That's what we need to finish. Then we have several rules we must follow. I will go over them at a meeting soon.

Howdy all,
I'll be bringing a number of brochures that PAK sent me to the NECPS meeting this Saturday (finally! I've been saying this for 3 months now, only to cancle on the meeting at the last second). Maybe we'll get some fresh members full of vim & vigor!

Have you looked around at an NECPS meeting Schloaty?  
smile_m_32.gif

I realize this is something you're passionate about, but if you're finally going to make it to another meeting (awesome!), just please don't recruit people away from possible roles in NECPS.  John has been holding down the fort far too long almost solo and has occasionally "hinted" at a desire for help... and it's not exactly come in a flood.  I guess what i'm trying to say is that cannibalizing NECPS for NASC is a no-no.  That's all.

Anyway, back to helping- i already volunteered here.  Nobody has indicated whether my offer is useful or not, but it's there.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I will place topics here and send to the NASC group.

Hey!

What's happenin'?

It's Friday night!

It's 8pm!

Back