What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SHOW US YOUR ORCHIDS/FLOWERS!

Haha the flower in the 2nd photo looks like some sort of creature. Very cool!

22124762401_6f6feb8067_b.jpg

Gongora rufescens flower spike

Just bought this paph. niveum
a22801a58fc5fd82e40c13d915527722.jpg

And since this is also a flower thread, here's a nice hibiscus
f82eea47bb39863f7bfed27dac4db8fd.jpg

This thing's about 6"-7" across

Lovely Gongora, Dave. Which one is it?

Nice niv. you have there, SFL. :)

Also we got a new orchid this weekend
ac000d9fbb82f005c61913fe2a98b6aa.jpg

It's an Amesiella monticola, it's supposedly from Luzon, does anyone grow this by any chance? Any culture tips?

Nope, never tried that one. Seem to recall reading at some point that it can be grown like a phal.

Last edited:
Nope, never tried that one. Seem to recall reading at some point that it can be grown like a phal.
Thanks for the info it apparently grows at the same altitudes as N. Ventricosa there, maybe they even live in the same area on Luzon

It is G. rufescens and the flowers have a great scent to them.

Glad to see yours flowering too! It really has become my favorite plant. Little red dragons floating in a cloud of perfume.........

Meet my baby, Phal tremolo
tren.jpg

I've gotten most of my orchids from my Gramma as rescues after they're done flowering (her plant gets replaced with another flowering orchid for her window once it's done blooming, and the cycle continues). Some of them are too rotted to save by the time I get them, but this one just had a little baby! About a year after re-potting.
a654e12df81ab8d94f52089ce98faa1d.jpg

DragonsEye, that Psyg. pusilla is adorable! Does it keep blooming from the same spike? Speaking of micro-minis, here's one of my smallest flowers: Stelis microchila. It's hard to appreciate with the naked eye, but if you magnify it you see hairy sepals. The inflorescence is about an inch long.

Besides orchids that make you squint, I have a thing for Angraecoids. Here's Aeranthes grandiflora. The flowers are supposed to smell of butterscotch, but I think it smells more like very ripe (read: rotting) fruit.

B. Elizabeth Ann Buckleberry has put out 3 blooms this time but Echinolabium still hasn't bloomed in 2 years in spite of good growth...Any tips ?

bulbo01_zpsufsvhuts.jpg

bulbo02_zpsx1ay5w0g.jpg

My Bulbophyllum echinolabium took three+ years to start flowering. It has to reach a significant size to flower.

Thank you Whimgrinder, that's good to know.

Back