What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SHOW US YOUR ORCHIDS/FLOWERS!

Thanks for the info Jon. Ecuagenera was the company I was going to order from. Their prices were good until adding up the additional fees per plant then the shipping costs. I ended up not being able to do it at the time. It's a shame no one else sells them.

Beautiful flowers everyone. My modest orchid looks like a plain Jane compared to the ones here.

Wow Amp, that purplish jelly fish thing looks really cool! :grin:

Anyone grow Habenaria Radiata?

Currently in bloom though unfortunately only one flower.

IMG_9189_zps42aae2ef.jpg

SantaAcrossMoon.gif

An inexpensive mini phal I picked up last year. Will be leaving it at my folks' house for my mom to enjoy while it is in bloom.

IMG_9194_zps72e0ac69.jpg

have-you-been-good-smiley-emoticon_zpsc4755ad8.gif

dryadella albicans
8301187843_cafebe9bbf_b.jpg

dracula exasperata
8302240450_4125472f53_b.jpg

restrepia iris
8298235432_e0dcc61f9c_b.jpg

haraella odorata
8297186295_5c79497dda_b.jpg

pleurothallis herphestus
8298235790_4e5a307aec_b.jpg

porroglossum sergioi
8298236336_96e5ebafa3_b.jpg

thanks for looking.

Very pretty miniatures!

So cool - I'm really starting to love these little guys!!

Great photos and flowers Dragon Eye and amp!

who loves a black orchid?

maxillaria schunkeana
8324773760_1d2a5d3315_b.jpg

Woah..... Words fail. That's gorgeous!

How's it's temperament? What conditions does it grow in? Are they readily available?

Katie, i've found it to be a rather easy grower with not to many demands other than humidity. it is an intermediate temperate, and i am growing mine mounted on cork bark, where it is watered everyday in the summer and once every other day in the winter. unfortunately, miniature orchids are on the fringe of orchid society, as most are attracted to large showy flowers. however, there is an increasing interest in miniature orchids among orchid growers so they might be easier to find in the future. otherwise, you can wait till i am able to divide mine. :)

Very nice, amph. This is the first time I've really looked through this thread and, I've gotta say, I'm impressed by your collection. Lots of great ideas for potential additions to the rack.

Of all the minis I recently acquired, here's the first to flower:

Isabelia virginalis

Isabelia virginalis

sweet acquisition Mato! i've been wanting to add that one into my collection but i dont have anymore space. hahahaha. i love how the plant makes it's own "lace" casings. quite elegant indeed!

Amph, can you recommend a supplier for smallish Orchids of the "botanical curiosity" type here in the US? You know.....Lepanthes, Masdevallias, Bubophyllums, Pleurothallids and the like: appropriate companions for a Highland Nepenthes collection. Great plants you've shown! Thanks.

Paul, Andy's Orchids has a huge selection of the little Pleurothallids.

I just realized I can now grow Draculas in my current greenhouse! Can anyone hook me up with a supplier who can sell me D. vampira, or one of the "black" Dracula hybrids? Thanks!

Paul

Back