What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SHOW US YOUR ORCHIDS/FLOWERS!

Nice, Judy. That rock/boulder makes a very nice backdrop too, btw.

That is awesome, Judy!!!

Thank you. That is a "first bloom seedling". It only took the breeder 18 months from toothpick to deflasking..and me another 6 years to grow it out. I am super proud and smile everytime I look at it.

Lepanthopsis astrophora, from Venezuela/Columbia. This thing is tiny! Individual blooms are 4mm tall. :0o:
astrophora-may-5.jpg

Should be called the "Purple Star Orchid"

That Lepanthopsis is adorable!

Compared to the other spectacular flowers in this thread, my Lepanthes calodictyon isn't much. But I wasn't sure I'd be able to keep this plant alive let alone get it to bloom:

Brassias are wonderful, ain't they?!

Dracula vampira, one of the craziest species of the genus.
20140517-151731.jpg

Last edited:
Dracula vampira, one of the craziest species of the genus.

Impressive. I think you could extend that to 'one of the craziest species of the family' - and that would be saying a lot.

Really proud of my little Onc. Twinkle. It loves to put out pseudobulbs for me, and just after flowering, it decided to put out two new growths. It's still acclimating to my environment and I haven't been able to get some fertilizer, so the flower spikes were pretty tiny. But it's the thought that matters (*cue cheesy music)

IMG_0236 by Dante1709, on Flickr

Here's the bloom on the same plant. At first it smells like vanilla cupcakes,but as it ages, it begins to have a lemony scent to it.

IMG_0431 by Dante1709, on Flickr

Dante, thats a real cutie! Suddently I have an urge to find me some little Oncidium hybrids :-O

Nice plant, and I like the description of the scent. My big boy noid hybrid is spiking now, and when it flowers it smells like bubble gum. Just got a mini-species in the group, Solenidiopsis tigroides. It's a good sized plant but I think it's already past time for it to bloom this season.

Dante, thats a real cutie! Suddently I have an urge to find me some little Oncidium hybrids :-O
It's actually a pretty common hybrid. The spikes are usually longer (but with small flowers). I just had small growths because the plant was adjusting to my environment and I haven't fertilized until now. But the plant is very tolerant of any conditions and is probably doing the best out of my collection. I highly recommend it :)

xSamera from Judy

Back