What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rose Pogonia Question

Located in Delaware. I have a Rose Pogonia which was given to me as a gift. It was dormant when I got it, but still has shown no signs of life. I've checked the pot and the roots are still bright brown and firm. The pot is sitting outside in about 1/4 to 1/2 inch of water, sharing a tray with some sars. From all that I've read, it should be putting up at least a few leaves and flowers by now. Does anyone here have bog orchid experience? This plant will be gorgeous if it makes it, and I'm hoping to divide it into a few container bogs next year. Is there anything I can do besides wait?

Check out this site for a little more info on your Pogonia.  Rose Pogonia  I don't have any experience with them myself, but I do have to look for them now.  I have some Bletilla orchids that have been sprouting for a little while, and still no flowers yet. I have already seen posts from Tenn where his have flowered already, and at the time he posted, mine were not even coming up yet.  I am further south.  I'm in GA.  I would give them some more time.  How long have you had them?  I wouldn't devide untill you have given them a chance to acclimate to your conditions for a year or two.  It could set them back more.  I would worry they were dead if nothing came up and its getting fall again.  You still have all summer to see flowers.

Back