What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best way to get started?

Your welcome OUtsider, and I hope the post didn't sound to harsh. I just think your stressing yourself out to much in the begining. You will do fine bro. Keep us posted please. Pictures would be nice. And JOIN your local Orchid society.

Or don't join your local orchid society, whichever you prefer. I haven't and don't see that I'm missing anything. I've never been a joiner and, if I'm going to stop being a social maladroit now, I'd like it to be for something with a little more zing than the monthly orchid society meeting.

theres a humongo orchid nursery about 30 minutes away from me called Peach State Orchids. i really want to go. the one time i was there they were closed, but they had a bunch of huge greenhouses that looked like a jungle inside.

they have a website!

http://peachstateorchids.com/main.htm

i figure since they don't sell cp's AFAIK and PFT doesn't sell orchids AFAIK it would be ok to post.

*cough* they have 5 dollar phals under unusual plants
smile_n_32.gif

hehe, 5 bucks is a great deal, unusual or not

you have great eyes, i don't see an unusual section.
laugh.gif

TA DA!! actually its 3.99...but thats not including shipping...
Alex

oh lol, i thought you meant under peachstate.

Clint I heard about Peach State and was wanting to plan a road trip up there one day. I will let you know when I do and maybe your folks will bring you up there too.

Bruce my OS only meets every other month, and sometimes there isn;t a very good presentation, but there is always a raffle. 2 dollar tickets and usualy a good selection. Not always, but I go when I can because its a chance for me to socialize with other orchid growers in person. We just upped out dues to try to get better speakers in, and its a good place to get hands on potting advice for newbies. Plus its normaly only a 2 hours meeting, and I am always learning new tricks.

hehe, my rents are so paranoid. that's never gonna happen.

i'm not even supposed to post. they totally isolate me from the real world. i miss highschool and my friends

Back