What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A few new blooms.

JB_OrchidGuy

Cardiac Nurse
199569772RL805170381.jpg

199569786RL337052677.jpg

199573517RL548689131.jpg

199573464RL666027230.jpg

199573557RL236334753.jpg

If you want the names just ask.

wow the new board does not resize like the old one. Sorry guys

I just fixed it though.

Wow dude big! Looks great!

Beautiful! You must be a proud daddy! I know you have a ton of orchids, so throughout the year, do you have blooms spiking all year? Or are there typical times when nothing is in bloom?

xvart.

I generaly have atleast one thing blooming all year. There are times when I have none, but I cannot recall when that time is or if it has been recently. That is the lovely thing about having a large collection flowers just about all the time. Between these and ping flowers to utric flowers. Not to mention some orchid flowers last a very long time.

Looks good. My current bloomers are an Ascocentrum ampullaceum, Bulbo blumei, Dendrobium aphyllum, and Phal pallens v. denticulata. My Encyclia tampenses is spiking up a storm too. It's unusual for me to have so many blooming at once, but they're scattered among various windows and I'm not feeling ambitious enough to dig out a camera for photos. I've posted one of the Bulbo before anyway. The Dendro is one of my favorite orchids because it's one of the deciduous Dendros, which means it loses all its leaves and spends a good part of the winter as a pot of canes needing no attention at all. That alone is enough to make it my favorite orchid or at least near the top of the list. It doesn't hurt that it gets nice pink & yellow flowers.

Bruce I would like to talk with you when your Encyclia tampenses gets devideable. It sounds interesting. I like most encyclias. My blumei is blooming too. I am about to post a picture of it.

Back