What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bulbo blumei

JB_OrchidGuy

Cardiac Nurse
plants_003_794x600.sized.jpg

plants_002_794x600.sized.jpg

plants_001_794x600.sized.jpg

Enjoy!!

dude that things sweet...................what conditions does it like?

I have it out in my GH where the temps range from 55 to 90. I have it mounted because they like to ramble. I water it every day. I have it hanging off a shelf so it gets lower light than alot of other things. If I think about it I will get some light readings this summer. I love Bulbos. They have some very nice flowers.

Way cool! I like how it is mounted. Does it bloom easily for you?

That was the first bloom for me. Seems pretty easy once big enough.

That is a very nice bloom!!!!
It's soooo beautiful!!!!
ohhhhhhh
ahhhhhhh
wow!!!
:0o:

That's my favorite Bulbo and I grow mine in a tree fern pot, which I want to water twice a week this time of year. I'm not totally reliable about that and the plant suffered because of it before this year. It's awfully dry in here mid-winter and the humidity is way below 50%. But my Bulbo seems to have reached that semi-bulletproof size orchids reach when they start shrugging off their grower's flaws. It even had two cycles of blooming this winter, something's it's never done before. I let it get as low as the upper 40s in those final outdoor nights in the fall and it gets into the upper 90s in the summer. In addition to tolerating a range of temperatures, it also seems to tolerate a wide range of light. I used to keep it fairly shady but had it in a much brighter spot last year and it got a good bit of direct afternoon sun.

Beautiful! Nice work.

xvart.

Back