What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NoID paph

JB_OrchidGuy

Cardiac Nurse
this is the latest slipper (paph) blooming for me. I don't have an id for it.

NoID%20Paph%20014.JPG

NoID%20Paph%20002.JPG

NoID%20Paph%20006.JPG

NoID%20Paph%20011.JPG

Very nice, I like the stripes and dark color.

Nice, Josh! Great shot of the pollination mechanism. Might have to ask for another photo to frame! I'll pm you.

xvart.

Those flowers are just cool.

Preliminary ID for this Paph is rothschildianum according to my orchid board members, but waiting for more confirmation.

Here are a few more pictures.

259492746RL450886945.jpg

259492772RL194870654.jpg

259493503RL483934220.jpg

259493546RL742148161.jpg

259493580RL763980931.jpg

259494614RL535878757.jpg

259494616RL702920381.jpg

Whoa, I don't think I've ever seen an orchid better than yours.

I agree that it looks like a Paph roth, not that I was ever able to get one to bloom. That's a very impressive plant. Where did you get it? They aren't on the shelf at Home Depot. They're very slow to bloom, so mass market growers and retailers won't have them.

If that is what everyone is telling me it is. That is Paph rothschildianum. The granddaddy of all paphs. Thanks for the compliment.

Maybe that'll be enough to get you over your unhealthy infatuation with Bulbos. How long have you had it and where did you get it?

I have had it for about 2 maybe 3 years. I received it as a NoID paph to practice its culture. I am still in love with bulbos, but I also like paphs and was going to concentrate on the two.

NOID? That's like ordering a load of gravel and getting a pile of diamonds. Well, not entirely the same, but slightly.

Hey, I thought I recognized your handle. I'm practicallyostensible over at slippertalk.

I agree that it looks like a Paph roth, not that I was ever able to get one to bloom. That's a very impressive plant. Where did you get it? They aren't on the shelf at Home Depot. They're very slow to bloom, so mass market growers and retailers won't have them.

I actually bought one at Home Depot a few years back. I still see them from time to time.

you got a Roth at home depot or another paph. I see paphs there, but never heard of a roth being found there.

Hello Whiterabbit. Nice to see you here at my home too. I spend alot of my forum time here, but I am also on other orchids boards as well.

Yeah, its looks like a Paph roth. I always wanted one of those. Geez...thats a "NOID" of all NOIDS I'd say. Congrats on a getting such a great plant. It's a beaut!

PAK. They are very rewarding then you can get them to bloom. I lucked out here. I didn;t do anythign special and she bloomed for me.

thanks again everyone.

Back