What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New baby!!! :D (plant shows are dangerous!)

But I was very good and only came home with *one* new orchid from the Genesee Region Orchid Show. I've wanted a Paph forever and this one was calling me:

Paph. 'Green Heron' x 'Magic Jewel'
GROS_apr08__071.jpg

GROS_apr08__069.jpg

I can post some other pics from the show later, but the lighting was really lousy for photography so I need to tweak some of them first.... GORGEOUS plants, I wanted to take them all home!!!

Very nice purchase. Can I get a close up of the leaves?

xvart.

certainly!

GROS_apr08__074.jpg

I loved all the Paphs they had and would have been thrilled with any of them, but this one got bonus points for foliage, since it'll be leaves most of the time anyway ;)

Very nice! The other benefit of the mottled-leaf Paphs is that they don't need as much light as the green-leaf ones. If you haven't yet, post it in the orchid section too, so Josh will see it. He has photo of his Paph roth there and I'm not sure he strays away from that section.

I had seen that exact plant in a book, but it had no label! I thought it was amazing then, and I still think that. And now I know its name, thanks!

There are others that are very similar, so don't assume what you saw in the book is the same.

Only one? I go crazy at the orchid show and usually wind up buying a lot of stuff I can't get at the local orchid greenhouses - especially from vendors who take Visa! :)

Heheh believe me, it took all the willpower I had to take home just one orchid... but my reasoning is that I don't currently have the best place to grow them and I'm not sure where I'm living in 5 months (new school), so I wanted to wait for that to get settled first! ;) (but i think the Central NY Orchid Society is having their show in the fall, that one might prove more dangerous!)

Love Paph's ! Definitely my favorite orchids. Yours is a beauty!

Moonflower - I went ahead and moved your thread to the Orchid forum so none of our orchid enthusiasts would miss your nice plant.

xvart.

Lovely paph! I love the slipper orchids.

I am anxious for the weather to warm up and my dog to feel better so I can hit the woods to look for cyps.

Congrats on the new plant. :)

Nice! I have not had any luck reblooming my green paph. I wish you luck.

Back