What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Orchids I have blooming now

Here are some orchids I have blooming now. I have been growing orchids now for about 5 years. They are what got me into CP's when I was looking for a non-chemical way to help control fungus gnats with my seedlings.

Pict 1 - Psychopsis hybrid (NoID) - this actually has 2 blooms and another bud plus 3 growths maturing. (which should all throw spikes)

Pict 2 & 3 - Cattleya hybrid (NoID) - Pleasant fragrance that is strongest in the morning. Second blooming of summer with another growth starting.

Pict 4 - Dendrobium hybrid (NoID) - Received in the mail a year ago from TFD floral delivery as a thank you gift.

Pict 5 - Paphiopedilum primulinum - This is on its 9th bloom (sequential bloomer) and is also developing a seedpod that I crossed with Paphiopedilum lowii (I know the pod parent is usually the lowii but I wanted to see if there would be any difference going the other way).

All of these are growing on a shelf facing a very large east facing window. They are on humidity trays and are all in S/H (semi-hydroponic).

I hope you enjoy. I will have many more later this winter if you do like them. :-D

Oops, forgot the last picture.

The first and the last are really neat :D

The first one reminds me of one of those birds of paradise, or some kinda crazy Mardi Gras/Carnival hat. :p

-Ben

Back