What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dracula Vampira.

JMatt

Stovepipe (The Beast) RIP My friend.
My Dracula Vampira is flowering.
JMatt

dsc035307065656.jpg

dsc035317169448.jpg

Sweet!!! Coming out the bottom of the pot right??

JB,
Actually it's coming out of the side of the pot.
It's in a plastic net pot.
JMatt

Ahhh Well yeah Side bottom. Same difference. That was my next question for ya if it was in a mesh pot. I have a Dracula, but its not that one. I forget the name right off hand and its supposed to be "heat" tolerant. But I'm growing it indoors with my highlanders. It is also in a mesh pot. Hasn't flowered yet. Of course I just got it less than a month ago, but it does fill the pot its in. How big is your plant? Other than cool temps what do you do with yours? How do you grow yours?

Congratulations. I never had any success with a Drac and eventually gave up on all cool-cold growing Pleuros/Masdies/Dracs. I felt they were more bothered by the dry air in my house during the winter than by the hot weather outside in summer. Whatever you're doing is working.

During the summer I pretty much keep it growing in the basement.
Lately though it has been outside loving the cool nights. It took somewhat of a beating from the heat this summer, even in the basement. Some of the older leaves look a little burnt. The new growth is fine. It's the second flower so far this fall, and there are two or three more coming. I will try and get a picture up here soon. Very busy right now getting ready for the big NECPS Carnivroous plant show this weekend!
JMatt

Back