What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Slipper orchids

• Thread starter thez_yo
  • Start date

thez_yo

instigator
My slipper orchids are threatening to bloom!

P9270260.jpg

Paphs are my favorite orchids! :-O Good job. :)

I've never had them before this - are their roots supposed to be a little fuzzy? Their potting material looks a little ... old ... and once they finish blooming they're getting a re-pot.

Congrats on the new blooms!

Paph roots are fuzzy!

Paph roots are fuzzy! They are tan and hairy, where many other orchid roots are white or gray and smooth.

Unless you mean fuzzy as in "covered with mold"..

Paph roots are fuzzy! They are tan and hairy, where many other orchid roots are white or gray and smooth.

Unless you mean fuzzy as in "covered with mold"..

Hehe, nope - fuzzy as in like Nepenthes chaniana x veitchii leaves. I was kind of worried there because I have a bunch of Phals so their roots were confusing me.

Good to know, thanks guys :).

So we get a warning that a bloom is coming but don't get to see the actual flower? :poke:

Such False Advertisement ............. :rant: :headwall:

So we get a warning that a bloom is coming but don't get to see the actual flower? :poke:

Sure you did, in this thread:
orchid and carnivore pics!

Actually I gave that orchid away a month or two back too, because I just had waaayy too many orchids (and by that I mean more orchids than neps :p). I've got a bunch of phals in spike right now so you might get orchid pics again out of me soonish.

Back