What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Paph finally bloomed

nightsky

Lover of Mountains
I've had this plant for over 3 years, and this sucker finally decided to put on her dress and come out. Don't know why it bloomed now and not before. It did have a flower when I first brought it home, then it just pouted until now. I didn't really change anything in conditions, but for some reason it got happy. I really like it!

IMG_9431.jpg

IMG_9413.jpg

Stunning!, whats that nep in the background?

Wow that looks amazing!

That's a Lady Pauline behind, in its temporary windowsill setting.

Very nice. :) Beautiful colors.

was this a man made hybrid? stunning colour.

lots of paph's dont bloom every year , so you have to be patient. it is a beauty . i have a lowii blooming right now and will put up a few photos when it finishes.
very nice

my mature one blooms roughly every 8 months, thats how long it takes a new growth to mature enough to bear a flower........got a few small ones yet that are prolly several years from their first flower......

Did you suddenly begin fertilizing it? Sometimes if they've been starved a long time and grown lean then you decide to fertilize it good a few times the first thing it'll do is pop a bloom.

Nice nightsky!

Back