What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Identify

phalaenopsis?? I really donno though, I know nothing about orchids.. :p

phalenopsis, probably though i need to see more of the plant ,lets see the leaves, or are those the leaves in the forground,
Here is one of my phalenopsis,
IMG_0750.JPG
they come in lots of colors and sizes, but the general bloom shape is very similar.
there are some dendrobiums that have a similar shape , but i do think you have phalenopsis.

Yep phalenopsis of some sort .

Here is mine

2009_11220002.jpg

If the Phalenopsis was unlabeled, you'll probably never known what hybrid it is. (Label = Phaleonopsis Complex Hybrid, from ___________)

Saw a book/catalogue of Thai Phalaenopsis orchid hybrids at the orchid shop once and I've never seen so many plants that looked almost exactly alike but were supposedly different crosses! LOL

ive narrowed it down a little and to me it resembles phalaenopsis amabilis the most.

I'd bet it's a hybrid.

ive narrowed it down a little and to me it resembles phalaenopsis amabilis the most.

They don't sell too many species Phaleonopsis because it's supposedly easier to cultivate hybrids. The hybrids are grown mostly in Taiwanese greenhouses and end up in hardware stores. You can't really go upon looks alone to identify a species.

Back