What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

phragmipedium grande

• Thread starter uphwiz
  • Start date

uphwiz

jimmy
here's one of my favorite phrag's. i cant seem to get the rotation of pics i have taken with the camera on its side , its correct in the zoombrowzer program , but when i try the up load it comes through to the side sorry ,

here is the up right photo i just found i can rotate in the terra forums gallery .
IMG_0218.JPG

That is totally awe strucking!

How often do they flower? Are they similar to neps in care?

maybe a little like neps. Rain water, loose orchid mix , only a little or no sphag, and the paph's need constant moister .
you grow them setting in water about half way up the pot, medium to bright light not much direct sun, they can take some direct but you have to move them in to it a little at a time.

You have an interesting collection.

I traded for a blooming Phrag Grande many years ago and was told it was a big plant. It arrived in a 3 ft long box (if I remember correctly), which I thought was overkill until I opened it and saw how he almost had to fold it in half. They're amazing plants if you have a suitable place for such a tall plant. I don't and re-traded it before the next winter.

Wow! That's an amazing flower. I love the long hanging parts.

Have any divisions to trade?

Back