What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Got the orchid addiction

thez_yo

instigator
I've caught the orchid bug again now that I've got most every nep I want..so here's the trader joe's Paph opening up the second bud:

P4070044.jpg

(it's the lower one)

And some of the new Phals that came through the mail today (LOVE the stuartiana leaves!!!)
P4070042_a.jpg

The stick-mount lobbii on the left don't look too hot, so I sprayed it down this late at night in the hopes that it's just dessication from its potting material (or lack thereof). You guys think it'll make it? It doesn't look rotten anywhere, just sort-of tired.

I got a Phal amboinensis, lueddemanniana and mannii too...I wish I had either not bought orchids before the neps, or never bought all the neps :crazy:

I wanna see that Phal. gigantaea bloom!

It's still a baby so we'll both be waiting a while!

The Paph def. has some angela in it, i can tell by the leaves. other than that, i dont know

"You can get off alcohol, women, food, and cars, but once you're hooked on orchids, you're finished. You never get off orchids . . . never."

Joe Kunisch
Commercial orchid grower
Rochester, NY

Don't know whether I agree about the women thing, though . . .

BigBella: :-)) So true...

Back