What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help needed for identification of orchid

Can anyone provide the name and general care for the following orchid? Thx in advance
P1020752.jpg

It looks like it could be some sort of lady slipper with the pouch broken off. It would be easier to tell with some clear photos of the foliage. I can't think of any genera with four-petaled flowers besides the slippers. Appears to have pseudobulbs for foliage though so I'm stumped.
~Joe

It looks like it could be some sort of lady slipper with the pouch broken off. It would be easier to tell with some clear photos of the foliage. I can't think of any genera with four-petaled flowers besides the slippers. Appears to have pseudobulbs for foliage though so I'm stumped.
~Joe

Ya i thought its kind of interesting cause its in 4 petals that I recently bought from a festival. Here is the pics but the flower start to wither so dint take it pics again.
P1020756.jpg

Well, it has Pseudo-bulbs... So that rules out the sliipers(paphs, phrags)

Kinda looks like a Bulbophyllium of some kind.....

i'd also second the bulbophyllum. looks similar to one that i have at home but i dont remember the species/hybrid name.

Back