What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

timelapse orchids

• Thread starter Nevermore
  • Start date
It's isn't the best quality.. but fun to watch a psychopsis bloom quickly

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TpfU35r7Ve8?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TpfU35r7Ve8?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

Last edited:
Crazy movement! How hard are these to grow?

Wow, nice! I actually... um :blush: managed to kill one of these! :0o:

I have one that's going strong. It has two spikes, both getting ready with new buds. I got it at the local hardware store, of all things!

That's an unusual find. I've seen some unusual and rare hybrids at Lowe's on occasion, but never one of these. I found a really nice Paph at a local nursery today.

I have killed many before by keeping them in my conservatories inside... but these types tend to get rot easy... but i loved the flowers... so i would always buy another one to try again. SO... this time, i got one on ebay (not too much $$) and just put it on a east facing window sill at work.. and it is growing like crazy and it has put up 2 more spikes from when i first bought it. They are large blooms too.

So sometimes, i guess you just have to try and not try so hard!

You got a psycopsis at a hardware store!!!! Holy hell!

Carter and holmes says only repot them in May I think. It began with an M and I for the life of me cannot remember. I have two of carter and holmes clones. One has two spikes and working on flowers for the 3rd eyear on the same spikes. One spike looks to be branching. They like treefern fiber for medium it is free draining and lasts a long time. The other is barely hanging on. They are very picky plants and don't like change I am told.

I do love these plants but I have killed a few myself and just keep trying. LOL

Back