What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drop dead gorgeous

Lil Stinkpot

Lucky Greenhorn
Dory bought this gem for me at the local Trader Joe's.

093-1.jpg

089-1.jpg

085.jpg

The name is all but indecipherable to me. Honestly, I couldn't care less, it's too pretty to care what it is. But here is what the tag says, for those who will want to ask "what is it?"
Pot. Hoku Gem 'Sunspots'-- As apt a cultivar name as any!

It is a complex hybrid. Pot stands for potonia or something like that. Like I said it is a complex hybrid. I would have to look up the species involved but it is like 3or4 different ones. It is nice though. Very cool.

---------- Post added at 07:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:40 AM ----------

And I go and try to find out the species involved and every site I try is down.

He he he! :lol: Isn't that always how it goes?

Take your time, I'm in no rush. It's not like the plant's going anywhere.

Within a couple hours of me sticking it in the LL tank, the flowers perked WAY up, and the leaves, I don't know how, got greener. I think it likes it in there, but I'll keep an eye on it. It may like the GH better.

OMG that is ah-maze-ing!! :laaa:

Careful the high humidity can cause flower spots. But then the lower humidity in the house causes the flowers to drop faster. It's a double edge sword. One of those danged if you do danged if you don't.

Potinara = Pot = B x C x L x Soph

Found a great website!!!!

Hybrid abbreviation list!!!!

JB, thanks!

I am so glad y'all also think they're pretty. :D I just.... couldn't resist this guy. :boogie:

everyone loves freckles! and i <3 the colours! that orchid is too cute!!

Ha ha ha moble too funny. I didn't think of that when I posted! Lmao I meant black flower spots lol.

I need to start going to Trader Joe's.....

Unless your humidity is obscenely low, regular household humidity should be fine. Flowers on the Hoku Gems typically last 5-6 weeks.

47510510.gif

Back