What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

This is why I hesitate to ID hybrid NoID plants.

JB_OrchidGuy

Cardiac Nurse
These are 3 different plants. One is a NoID. The other two are tagged. Notice they look the same, but I have noticed the scents come out at different times. They are also slightly different but yet look very similar.

This is LC. Aloha Case "Hawian Style"
8698B1E9-orig.jpg

This is LC "Love fantasy"
F01E06B6-orig.jpg

This is the NoID
721E203B-orig.jpg

Granted they were all taken with my iPod. The pictures could be better. I hope you get the Idea.

A rose by any other name, eh?

Whatever you call them, they're all beautiful.

Beautiful pictures!

Thanks for sharing!

Yeah I need a picture place to take picture so my house isn't in the background but hey works for my example.

Thanks none the less.

Just for your edification, the quote marks should be dropped on the second orchid. Quotes are only used for clonal names. ;)

You are very correct with regard to naming NOIDs. There are often many similar hybrids and as such finding a truly solid, accurate name for a NOID is really an exercise in futility.

47510510.gif

So you are saying it should be LC 'Love Fantasy' or LC Love Fantasy?? Still get turned around with ' and " and when not to use one.

" " <-----reserved for grexes or plants awaiting cultivar status.

' ' <-----reserved for plants that have cultivar status.

Still get turned around with ' and " and when not to use one.

No prob. ;) You won't see " " very often -- particularly when purchasing a registered hybrid.

Your is: Lc. Love Fantasy ..... no quote marks at all. Also only the first letter of the initials for the intergeneric or genera is capitalized. So not LC. but instead Lc.

Thanks, Amphirion!

47510510.gif

Thanks for the technicalities. I admit I need to brush up on those. And just was not sure about caps for the intergenerics and all. Thanks for the input.

Back