What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

masdevallia nidifica...

• Thread starter amphirion
  • Start date
majority of the spikes have opened up, thought they'd be cool enough to share...

6699606067_d3d59e312d_o.jpg

6699565189_30e58e679b_o.jpg

6699565225_5b52106593_o.jpg

I just got a Masdevallia i hope itll look as good as yours !

@cthulhu, mluk: thanks a bunch. actually this was quite a surprise for me as well. i've had this plant for two years. initially when i got it, it tried to flower, sending a spike or two, but those aborted---then the plant decided to abandon flowering altogether. so this plant spent two years on my hanging rack, growing, looking happy but no flowers. it wasnt recently where i took a division of this plant to give to a friend, where the plant all of the sudden decided to flower, sending 20+ spikes all at once. :D

Wow it's looking great!

How often do you spray the plants on your hanging rack? Do you ever soak/float them in water?

@swords: this might make your heart skip a beat, but....my growing rack makes a daily trip to the shower....

I really hope it doesnt take 2 years for mine to bloom! but looks like you did something right because its flowering like crazy!!

Awesome!

LOL you carry the whole egg crate structure to yourl tub / shower?

My my tap water is 420+ ppm my plants would just wither...

oh my word!! That is fabulous!! I just love it!!!!

Amp I definately have to pick your pleuro collection! Simply fabulous!! Keep the pictures coming!

LOL you carry the whole egg crate structure to yourl tub / shower?

My my tap water is 420+ ppm my plants would just wither...

yup yup yup. :-D

oh my word!! That is fabulous!! I just love it!!!!

Amp I definately have to pick your pleuro collection! Simply fabulous!! Keep the pictures coming!

yes sir. i usually post any new ones in the sticky "show us your orchids" thread.

Aww see that thread gets too big. Kinda like Pygo's post LOL Makes the iPod soo low LMAO

---------- Post added at 07:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:08 PM ----------

All I have had blooming recently was some dancing ladies. Grower Ramsy and another yellow spray.

Back