What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greater Lansing Orchid Show pics

DragonsEye

carnivorous plants of the world -- unite!
For those who have never been to an orchid show but wish they could (and even for those of you just too lazy to get your okole to one) ....

The show was held in a greenhouse so the sunlight did present some difficulties with some shots I regret to say.

11b55bd8.jpg

a8e2f7ba.jpg

For those unfamiliar w/ coccinea, it really is this eye-searing red

86ac83bd.jpg

bcbbaf76.jpg

Love the contorted blooms of spectabile

6253b58b.jpg

669405aa.jpg

eea2a06e.jpg

And no it''s not an orchid but I like the woman's craftsmanship -- if only I could have taken a photo that did it justice.
db37f590.jpg

For those who might like to see more, here's a slideshow for ya.

CLICK HERE >>>>

Holy cow... Spectabile... that is amazing

I always thought Phal. venustum looked like a.......... yeah. Still an awesome flower. I feel motivated to edit the ROS photos now. There was a spectabile in Richmond, too. Awesome plant! Now I feel impatient for my Soph cernua to bloom.

holy hell that spectabile is ******* increadible!! never seen anything like that! I also picked up a sophronitis(a cernua) at the local orchid show here, cant wait for it to bloom.

holy hell that spectabile is ******* increadible!! never seen anything like that! I also picked up a sophronitis(a cernua) at the local orchid show here, cant wait for it to bloom.

I got one too!!!! I love the little thing. Great flowers and an interesting foliage.

I know nothing of orchids, but that Paph sure is cool looking.

Very nice pictures! That paph has a very interesting pouch. I'll need to take some pics at my local show which is coming up soon!

My local spring show is this weekend coming. Can't wait. Have the sophs already..gonna look into the spec.

*Puts Soph coccinea on his wantlist, P.venustum is already there*

Back