What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New orchids!!

mikefallen13

Mr. veitchii
I bought these today at the OSWP show, but I forgot my camera when I went so sadly no display pics. Anyways, heres what I bought...

Grammatophyllum scriptum....
100_3974.jpg

100_3973.jpg

Phragmepedium Don wimber 3N....
100_3977.jpg

Paphiopedilium Fumi's delight....
100_3972.jpg

Vanda Roberts delight...
100_3968.jpg

100_3969.jpg

and yes it really is that blue!

The whole collection...
100_3967.jpg

Where was that show at? I am headed to the show at Longwood Gardens on Friday March 23rd. The 23-25 is when all of the vendors set up. Not that I have any room for more orchids.

It was at the Phipps garden center, right outside pittsburgh

When I first saw that, I thought it was Grammatophyllum speciosum! :lol:

This particular scriptum does look very much like speciosum

those are some pretty huge plants. i was wondering how you could buy $200 worth of orchids. :p

That's way off, I got my blooming size rothschildianum for $150. I'd say the most expensive orchids are some of the awarded cattleyas and phrags/paphs. I saw a cattleya mossiae with some award sell for $300 today. There were a few paphs (sanderanium) with horrendously high prices too.

very nice mike, i wish i could grow phrags

If you don't mind waiting for blooms you can get sandarianum for 35 a plant. 8 inch or mor leaf spam single fan. Years from blooming though.

Nice plants Mike.

cody: Phargs arent that diffucult a slong as you give them bright light, keep them moist, and give them a small temp drop at night.

JB: Thanks! I may ahve to get my self a sandarianum!

Back