What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dendrobium unicum

• Thread starter SubRosa
  • Start date

SubRosa

BS Bulldozer
First bloom on this plant. I wish my camera could capture the brightness of the orange and the striations on the lip of the bloom. It's practically hunter safety orange. Haven't been able to detect any fragrance yet, but I haven't been around during the day.

Attachments

• du.jpg
    du.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 62
That is a pretty one!

Gorgeous...hope my Dendrobium blooms like that someday!

I've run into a couple people who almost threw theirs away by accident. They thought it was dead when it was only dormant. :D

Been seeing a lot of unicum hybrids coming out in recent years.

Last edited:
I've run into a couple people who almost threw theirs away by accident. They thought it was dead when it was only dormant. :D

Been seeing a lot of unicum hybrids coming out in recent years.

My lamyaiae came with one leaf on it about 14 months ago, which it promptly lost. It grew one growth this spring which quickly died back. I was certain it was dead, but knowing deciduous Dendrobiums I figured it didn't hurt to keep it hanging around. It currently has 4 spikes.......:)

Back