What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Australian Terrestrial Orchids

My T. crinita forms and D. magnifica have been up for about 3 weeks now. It will be interesting to compare the growth rates.

Indeed it will be. If you grow Caladenia and/or Elythranthera species please post any progress on those as well!

So far, only my Diuris aff. corymbosa has broken the surface. Both Thelymitra species are working their way to the top too though and there is some growth starting on Cryptostylis ovata. The Caladenia flava looks exactly the same as the day I buried it and the Elythranthera has swelled up but has no signs of growth yet.

My Caladenia flava's have hit the surface in the past week but no signs of any Elythranthera yet.

The WA species are a bit behind my eastern Australian species (the majority of the collection). Most Diplodium species are currently in mass flower, as are a few Acianthus and Chiloglottis species.

Did a little digging and found my Elythranthera is starting to grow roots.

One of my Diuris aff. corymbosa is about 4" above ground. Both Thelymitra crinita and Thelymitra fuscolutea have growth just about ready to break the surface of the media.

Your Diuris is way ahead of mine. Mine is about 1/2" tall, still too small to get a pic of.

There's actually 2 Diuris aff. corymbosa in that pot. Only 1 is up so far, no sign of the other plant yet.

Elythranthera has had a leaf up for a couple weeks. Diuris has died back, still no top growth from the Caladenia, but it grew a large root. Thelymitra has grown nicely.

Update: Thelymitra is forming a flower spike!

Back