What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bletilla Yokohama

I have received this Bletilla Yokohama "Kate" as a gift and have no clue on the care, and have found little on the web.

- - - Updated - - -

i cant get the images to work sorry

Grow it potted, in typical potting soil or right in the ground depending on where you are in WV. This plant is hardy to Zone 7, colder if mulched well in winter. If you choose to grow it potted, store it in a garage or cold basement for winter. Also keep it somewhat dryer for dormancy.

thanks its blooming right now does it need dormancy or can i wait untill next fall

If it's blooming now, it's way out of season. I would grow it potted this year and just keep an eye on it. Store it for the winter and back off on watering it when the leaves start to yellow.

thats what i thought, but i have not had any experience with terrestrial orchids

Typical potting soil? With fertilizers and everything? I know someone who could use one of those.

For the dormancy, most plants can skip them and put it to sleep next fall. Worst case scenario is that you have to put it somewhere cooler in the summer and keep it warmer in the winter.

Back