What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

San Diego Spring Orchid Show & Sale (Pics Heavy)

thez_yo

instigator
This weekend was SD's Orchid Society's big Spring Show weekend. Usually there'll be a Nep or two, maybe some good potting soil ingredients, and net-style pots available along with the distractingly pretty flowers so it's always worth a look. It was two rooms - the first one you walk through is all the displays, show and award plants along with where the talks were being held, and the second is the sales room.

The show:

The mother of all 'Chid stamp collections!

With actual goldfish!

A lovely unlabeled spotty Phal mutt

Last edited:

Paph. Spicerianum

The Sale a.k.a. all the things I didn't buy.

I want to adopt all of these. And every other Paph I found. And all the cute spotty Phal mutts. And and and...

For those of you who like your orchids so small they don't even have leaves...

The usual 'stuff'

This was the extent to the potting stuff I found.. guess I don't need nuthin'

Last edited:
I am now approximating the size of that facility to be 15,000 square feet. That was a lot of photos.

Stop, stop it now! You're making me want orchids and I don't have any room for them!!!

Lots of eye candy there! Thanks for posting, thez_yo.

My major issue with you, is that your photographs are simply too few. Couldn't you snap just a few more?

Last edited:
My major issue with you, is that your photographs are simply too few. Couldn't you snap just a few more?
I don't think he has any more photos. Let me rephrase that, I don't think it's possible for him to have any more photos.

Stop, stop it now! You're making me want orchids and I don't have any room for them!!!

LMAO.

Lots of eye candy there! Thanks for posting, thez_yo.

You're welcome!

You know me - paucity to save on film. Those digital camera film canisters get expensive! I will endeavor to take more next time, for you.

I don't think he has any more photos. Let me rephrase that, I don't think it's possible for him to have any more photos.

*She

Watcha buy?

My mistake, thez yo.

Shockingly, I actually bought nothing! :-O

Okay, I have finally conquered my jealousy and looked at this thread. Why jealousy you ask? I know you asked, I heard you. Jealousy because I returned from my local orchid show the same day this thread was posted and I was so disappointed that I didn't want to see all the gorgeous orchids that I knew Thez would be posting pictures of.
The pictures are beautiful and do justice to those wonderful displays. Some day I will make it to one of the BIG orchid shows. Until then I must make do by living vicariously through Thez's photos.

Back