What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dactylorhiza maculata

This is a self set survivor of my original collection of Dactylorhiza maculata. It settled itself into a Hosta tub and hasn't looked back.The clone is now multi-headed and a bit of a favourite of MrsG.

Please forgive the size of the photo but I really thought it deserved it for the detail.

27539389620_97942d84c8_o.jpg

For those who don't know the story, I had quite a collection of hardy terrestrial orchids and was paid a sneak visit by a pathogen which almost wiped out the entire collection. The survivors from that time are self-set seedlings which settled in the pots and tubs of other plants. These plants are now on the increase with MrsG constantly finding orchid leaves in many different tubs.

If you'd like to see a few photos of the D. maculata I used to have just ask.

I agree, Fred. Those do deserve some resolution! Very nice. And I would like to see the D. maculata that you had.

Last edited:
I'll keep it brief. just a selection of what I had.

3003834294_0ebbfa4f79_o.jpg

3002999569_ded72c6997_o.jpg

3008776176_840cef8d5a_o.jpg

All of these just "arrived" in various pots and tubs.

Thank you! An awesome species.

Back