What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finley!

Me and my wife have tried orchids several time with just about zero luck. We had just about given up on them all together. Well we just bout our first house and as self housewarming gift she bout us a rescue orchid from lowes(I don't even know what kind it is). She snuggled it in the corner on the kitchen counter. I didn't expect much as it didnt look great when she got it. The flowers fell off in about a weak and i figured that was that the beginning of the end. well here it is about 2 month later.

30891707354_ebeb0ded33_z.jpg

Congratulations! it's always wonderful when you get you orchid to bloom! I believe what you have is a pastel Phalaenopsis orchid, one of the more common ones. The chill of the window probably got it to bloom for you. When it's done blooming, I suggest you pot it in orchid bark, because the pure Long fibered sphagnum moss will cause root rot, the easiest way a kill the orchid. I hope this helps, if you have any questions, I am willing to help, and I'm sure the rest of terraforums is also.

Back