What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

C. Hawaiian Wedding Song question

• Thread starter chibae
  • Start date

chibae

An orchid fancier with a CP problem
Calling orchid fans with a question. My C. Hawaiian Wedding Song continues to have what to me are wrinkled pseudobulbs. In comparison my Jewels box and Trick or Treat minicatts have psuedobulbs that are downright plump. Is the tall wrinkled look normal for wedding song's breeding?

As far as I understand the wrinkles mean it needs water. Once it gets water on a more regular bases it will get plump.

As far as I understand the wrinkles mean it needs water. Once it gets water on a more regular bases it will get plump.

While that is the norm for the majority of catts, it is not written in stone.

Chib, m'dear, long has it been since you graced this forum with your presence. :hug:

While I have never grown HWS, any of those I have seen tend to have tall, slender, wrinkled pbs. You might try contacting Hausermann's. I know they have carried HWS in the past.

I think some Cattleya just have wrinkled psuedobulbs even when watered properly. I'm not familiar with the cross so I can't tell you for sure, but as long as the leaves don't look desiccated I'd say the plant is probably fine. Plus, most catts would rather be a little on the dry side than too wet.

Thank you both. The leaves are fine and the newest PB's aren't wrinkled, at least not yet.

Back