What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cypripedium 2018

• Thread starter fredg
  • Start date
C. reginae.

C,reginae.jpg

Lovely! Cypripedium are always quite nice. I found wild ones for the first time today.

And the photos are?
Don't have any yet. I can try to get some today or tomorrow, if the flowers are still out. In fact, if they are, I will make a point of it. Otherwise you can enjoy some photos of rosettes with rotting petals on a stem :p

As promised. My apologies for my mediocre photography skills.
20180522_140716.jpg
20180522_140737.jpg
Cypripedium acaule. By far the most common local species of Cypripedium, but I still think it's an exciting find.

Last edited:
It may be a local common orchid to you but I have to travel several thousand miles for the chance to see one.

I have local orchids which may be regarded by some as common but I still get thanked for posting them on youtube by people who don't have access to them.

If offered a C. acaule I would probably grab the orchid and the hand that offered it :ohno: :angel:

PS There's nothing wrong with your photography

An Early Purple Orchid.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/I9dUh0kmCr023emjDRHgESd8rYhTUwCHRDubyFT1Ljc1Koe3j88AxCN1TjpwbtqfWQUhFitKFXf_A9U4OcoQmDCxhKEq4CPCNkawjq_gYMeDDAO0xcR8cU_2HARgZP-HIu1PvJZFMQ=w2400

Last edited:
It may be a local common orchid to you but I have to travel several thousand miles for the chance to see one.

I have local orchids which may be regarded by some as common but I still get thanked for posting them on youtube by people who don't have access to them.

If offered a C. acaule I would probably grab the orchid and the hand that offered it :ohno: :angel:

PS There's nothing wrong with your photography

An Early Purple Orchid.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/I9dUh0kmCr023emjDRHgESd8rYhTUwCHRDubyFT1Ljc1Koe3j88AxCN1TjpwbtqfWQUhFitKFXf_A9U4OcoQmDCxhKEq4CPCNkawjq_gYMeDDAO0xcR8cU_2HARgZP-HIu1PvJZFMQ=w2400
That's the nicest thing anyone has said to me about my photography and flowers I've found! :blush:

I like those early purples. Where did you find them?

Cyps are my favorite orchid, more so than any of the tropicals. Unfortunately they would not grow happily in my present yard. Maybe the next one. Lovely images.

Back