What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finally got one

What happened to my orchid post? Looks like somebody deleted it. Was it because of the stupid Tuyen poll somebody put up? Anyways, just wanted to show off my new Phal.

cutie_phal.jpg

Nice alba-Phal larry. I was wondering how that tuyen poll got there......

Its an alba? I thought it was just a regular phal. Love cp's, but can't get over how beautiful the flower structure is on phals.
biggrin.gif

Ya the ones with almost pure white flowers like that are called, alba. There are a coulpe other things like that. Like candy stripes ( I think thats what its called) were they put pink stripes on the flowers. Some them look really nice. Next you should buy a Vanda.....

Congrats on the new phal, Larry.
smile.gif
I can't see the pic though.
sad.gif

Phals are nice orchids with lots of beautiful flower types. And not hard to grow. You should have blooms for a couple of months...depending on how long its been in bloom before you got it.

I think you should try a paphiopedilum...the ladyslipper type orchids are just beautiful. Well, all orchids are beautiful but they are one of my personal favorites.

Suzanne

That is the exact same kind of orchid I bought for discount because it was mediumless, and had no flowers, and only had two leaves, and a dead one. Its alive, and it reflowered for me...

Thats so cool... Does anyone know the species name?

Traps,

No, orchids are not carnivorous.
smile.gif
But they ARE beautiful and challenging to grow. The flowers are long lasting...up to several months.

There are several forums dedicated to non-carnivorous plants because so many CP growers grow other types of plants as well, like orchids, bromeliads, tillasandia (sp?), lithops and all sorts of things. So there is an Orchid forum and a General Plants forum which I think is GREAT!

People share photos and growing tips and ask questions and have fun learning about different plants. Many members have started trying their hand at orchids...maybe you should give them a try.
smile.gif

Suzanne

Oh, im sorry its just ive never seen a flower like that and since they looked so weird i thought they might be Carnivorous. Beautiful white though.

Yup, looks like its got a mouth and fangs don't it?
smile.gif

Suzanne, are you able to see the pic now?

Hi Larry

Yeah, I can sorta see it . I have a "cascading style sheets" problem.
sad.gif
The pic is there but its waaaaay at the top of the screen and cut off at the top. But I can see some of them. Its very pretty! I just bought a new dendrobium...(Lowes rescue)...its got pure white flowers with just a hint of pink blush on the lip. Very pretty! And I have a very unusual Phal I bought. Want to get some orchids pics up soon.

Suzanne

Back