What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Paph lost bud...

• Thread starter Dyflam
  • Start date
I bought my paph when it wasn't blooming. It finally got a bud, was doing ok and then the stem started to turn brown. Now it's history... all drooped over. Not sure what went wrong.
sad.gif

Hi Dyflam

How is the humidity level? They can brown off if the air is too dry. What kind of light? Paphs are lower light plants. I had the first bud on a mulitifloral turn brown and die but I think it was because we had a season of never ending rain. I think it just got too wet. Luckily the second bud was fine and just opened fully today.
smile.gif
Although I was a little disappointed last year to find it wasn't the color I expected, its still a very pretty solid yellow.

Suzanne

Suzanne, thanks for the response. I think it might be the humidity level. The plant sits next to a north facing window (low light) but is in an air conditioned house (low humidity). The plant seems to be growing ok so for now I'm just going to leave it there.

Back