What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone growing australian tuberous orchids?

JanW

drosera guy
Hi

Has anyone here tuberous australian orchids in culture? Which species are easy to grow? I have some tuberous drosera...they can grow in the same tray, aren't they?

I am searching especially for nice flowering species which are relativly easy to grow and don't grow to tall monster plants (windowsill culture/with lights).

So anyone?

Thanks & good growing!

Jan

Oh found some,
a friend of me bought some Pterostylis nutans tubers.

Jan

I grow many types of Australian tuberous orchids. I live in Australia though so it may be difficult to get them to you. Email me if you are interested.

You wouldnt happen to grow any Caladenia would you Seandew ?

Hi Jan,

I grow Pterostylis curta, one of the Australian "Greenhood" orchids, it's very easy. I see you have located P.nutans: would you be interested in a swap next year (when I should have spare tubers, hopefully) ? ( Either my P.curta for your P.nutans, or for a tuberous Drosera that I haven't yet got! )...

I sent you an email.
Jan

Hi Khai,

Yes I do have a few Caladenia species. Email me if you'd like some more info. If you are interested we may be able to trade something?

Sean.

Back