What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New orchids, new photos

PlantAKiss

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, Engl
Hi you orchidaceous people!

I just wanted to share the plants I bought this past weekend at a plant sale.  The guy was just reducing them as I walked up so I kinda helped myself to three.  Two I have pics of, one I've still got to take.

Here they are....introducing Phalenopsis Carolina Bronze Meteor 'Lennette'.....

bronzemeteor4-02RS.jpg

phalgoldcupRSb.jpg

And above, Phalenopsis Carolina Gold Cup 'Lennette'

Hope you like them.

Suzanne

waaaah...can't get the other one to show up.  but i will!

(Edited by PlantAKiss at 1
wow.gif
1 am on April 25, 2002)

(Edited by PlantAKiss at 1
wow.gif
5 am on April 27, 2002)

Beautiful plants, beautiful pictures
smile.gif

I wonder why that other bugger won't load. :-( I can't see anything wrong.

Thanks Merlin. :) Just got to get that other pic up there.

Suzanne

Strange at first neither of them would load now they both do. Phalenopsis Carolina Bronze Meteor 'Lennette' would have to be my fave out of the two.

Suzanne,
your new additions are spectacular! I love the bronze meteor! There's nothing like getting new orchids IN BLOOM! Are the phrag flowers still holding up in the water bowl?

Yeah it is nice to see a beautiful orchid in bloom and then take it home but I personally enjoy buying a nameless, flowerless, and marked-down plant then coaxing it to bloom. Watching the bud every day until opens is wonderous bcs you don't know what color it is. Although when you get an orchid in bloom it's nice to get it to rebloom for you. As you can tell I'm about as cheap as they come. :biggrin:

Well geez...what a shock! The second pic is up. I don't get it! First the second pic wouldn't load no matter what I did. Now the first one won't load!!
sad.gif
Anybody have any ideas on why? I want them both up. I know other people post multiple pics.

Yes, I have to admit, that Bronze Meteor took my breath away! What colors!! like a sunset! I had never seen a phal that color. Its just spectacular (and has two flower spikes on the one plant too). I like the other one alot but I mainly bought that because the price was right. :) Now I've just got to get a pic of the new dendrobium. It's pretty cool.

Unfortunately I found out the orchid nursery isnt that far away...i LOVE to go there! maybe this weekend!

Gafoto, I have done that as well. But I've found that, while i might LOVE the orchid, i reeeeally want to know what it is!! Having names for things has become more important to me over the last few years....must be old age creeping in. Maybe its little like how you wouldn't leave a child nameless....so why leave a plant nameless? I think my very first orchid was a nameless-half-dead-on-sale plant. I saved it and now it is my largest den. getting ready to split it. my eyes are getting woozy from a sleeping pill so did i say "getting ready to SPIT it?" i hope not.

Robert, I do still have the phrag blooms floating in water and they look fine! Pretty amazing. Its also funny how the blooms just drop off like that while still in perfect condition. So now I'm down to one flower on the spike but thats ok. Two new growths to look forward to.

Come ON, Pics!!! LOAD!!! grrrrrrrrr :confused:

well im glad you like the flowers. I just wanted to share the beauty!

suzanne

Back