What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Four paphs

PlantAKiss

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, Engl
Hi

I'm finally getting around to posting the pic of four of my paphs in bloom.  I have another who's bud is going to pop any minute.  
biggrin.gif

trio2-03RS.jpg

To the left is vini Paphiopedilum 'Black Cherry'...to the right is Paphiopedilum Macabre x Rasin Pie.  (Just yesterday at the opening of the new conservatory here in the orchid section was a p. 'Macabre' which looks almost exactly like this cross.)  Unfortunately I don't have the ID on the bottom paph (I know the word "Love" is part of it)...and no response from the nursery on the I.D.  
confused.gif
  And no ID on the top paph.  But even "anonymous", they are beautiful.  
smile.gif

Will add the other paph pic once its fully open.

Suzanne

Suzanna,
great looking paphs you got there. one of mine has just started to open up yesturday that i got from one of the orchid shows i went to.
i would post pics of the pics i took from the shows but, there is ribbons next to them all and actualy they aren't my plants eather.
the white paphs are my fav. along with the ones that have the long wiskers if that is what you call them.
another one i have just dropped its flower that was a yellow colored

Breath taking

I suppose if your into Maudiaes those are nice, I beleive the plant on the bottom to be P. lowii x P. chambelainianum.
Also you should know that P. Macabre x P. Raisin Pie is now known as P. Macabre Pie.

Thanks guys.
smile.gif

And thanks Kai for the info. I figured the bottom paph had a lowii parent.

George, you should post your pics even if they aren't yours. Its always nice to see plant/flowers pics of any kind. Post a pic of yours once it opens.
smile.gif

I suppose I am into just about any paph...paphs and phrags being my favorites. But it is hard to dislike any orchid...they are all so beautiful.

Suzanne

Back