What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wild orchid identification

Wesley

God must have an interesting sense of humor
Since most of the people in the orchid section know their orchids can anyone try and help me. I already tried in the identification section. Here's the link... Unknown Orchid

I believe it's in the genus Orchis, but I could be wrong. I have a really good N. American orchid book at home; I'll look it up tonight.

Thanks I'd appreciate that.

THAT'S IT!!!!!!!! Thank you. And by the way, I found it in Watauga County, North Carolina.
smile.gif
biggrin.gif
tounge.gif
smile.gif
biggrin.gif
tounge.gif
smile.gif
biggrin.gif
tounge.gif

Do you live near them?  If so, you might want to consider checking back to see if any seed capsules form.  The Troy Meyers Conservancy can germinate the seed and raise the seedlings to a viable size, send you a flask of them for free, and sell the remainder to people interested in species orchids.  You can get more info at Troy Meyers Conservancy.  Look at the "About Flasking Programs" and "Informational Pages".

When I went back the orchid was finised for the year and had dissapeared.

Back